There is more rain on the way today. I really wish today could be a "play in the sewing room day", but there are reports due at work this week. That and laundry are on the agenda for this morning. I'm hoping there will be some time this afternoon for a bit of sewing.
I didn't have a lot of time in the sewing room this week, but I made good use of the time that I had. The last block is stitched for Grand Illusion and the sashing is almost all done. After playing around in EQ, I finally made a decision about the borders.
|Grand Illusion, A Bonnie Hunter Mystery|
The plain borders do more to calm down that busy center than the pieced borders I was playing with earlier. It always takes longer to get the borders done than I think it will so I doubt that I get all of these done before the end of the month. Adding on those borders should really help next week's stash report. Here's this week's.
Used last week: 1.1 yards
Used in June: 1.1 yards
Used year to date: 16.36 yards
Purchased year to date: 0 yards
Still nothing in, so I'm in the black as far as fabric usage. Hopefully the out numbers will jump by a couple of yards next week as I work on those borders. I'm not on track to break my fabric usage record from a couple of years ago, but I have used more than I had at this time last year. I'll take that small victory.
After linking up with Patchwork Times for this week's stash report, I need to get back to the report writing. Hopefully I'll have some time to check out everyone's stash reports later today.