Monday, February 2, 2015

Monday Design Wall - More Grand Illusion(s)?

I'm not sure where the weekend went, other than it went by way too quickly.  I'm definitely not ready for Monday.  Drama Teen has had driver's ed for the last 3 weeks.  Class starts at 6:30 AM.  She has another 3 weeks of class left.  It's amazing how having to get out the door just one hour earlier can throw the entire morning routine off kilter.  

It was a good weekend for sewing.  Sunday was miserably cold and windy, just perfect for hanging out and stitching.  I finished one more row of sashing for Grand Illusion.



Grand Illusion
A Bonnie Hunter Mystery












I'm still undecided about this quilt, but the more pieces of it I get up on the design wall the better I like it.  

Also up on the design wall is part of the pieced border for the 2014 Rainbow Scrap Challenge Sampler. 





I'm almost finished with the teal blocks, which leaves blue, purple, pink and red blocks left to make.  Once I get those done, I can finish piecing the borders. I'm hoping to have this one ready to go out for quilting by the end of the month.

That's it for me this week.  For more design wall inspiration check out all the links over at Patchwork Times.   

4 comments:

Teresa in Music City said...

Love your intriguing rainbow border pieces! How fun!!!

MartiDIY said...

To tell you the truth, I can't even imagine getting up early enough to be out the door that early. You must have to get up by 5? You are making such good progress on your quilts for having so little time. Love the colors in each.

thea said...

grand illusions is pretty spectacular .. all those blocks. how do you keep them straight.

Lynne said...

Oh wow! Those borders are going to be amazing!