Hard to believe it's almost mid January. It seems like the month just got started yesterday. There's not much sewing going on so far. I was sick for the first few days of the New Year, then work started along with Drama Teen's stuff. She had a swim meet on Tuesday and then we went shopping for a formal for an upcoming dance on Friday. So the week was pretty much shot.
Some of the time that has been spent in the sewing room has been focused on getting the stash organized. I've done a bit with the scrap drawer. All the blues have been pulled out and sorted into piles. I'm slowly cutting them into strips, squares and bricks as I work on my Rainbow Scrap Challenge Sampler.
Last year I saw this idea to "file" fabric. I was looking for a way to make better use of the file cabinet in my sewing room and decided this would be perfect storage for all of my fat quarters. I've made some progress with the fat quarter filing since last year.
Not only do I love looking at the rainbow of colors, it's a lot easier to find a given fat quarter when they are stored this way.
I also really need to tackle the fabric in the "to be pressed" bin.
If all of that fabric was pressed and waiting on the shelves, it might actually find it's way into a project.
I did actually use a bit of fabric this week.
Used last week: 0.14 yards
Added last week: 0 yards
Used for 2014: 0.61 yards
Added for 2014: 0 yards
Net used: 0.61 yards
Nothing in just yet, but I expect my Connecting Threads order will show up soon. CT reissued their Rhapsody of Reds fabric line recently. When they issued it the first time, I debated and debated about ordering it. When I finally decided I wanted it, they didn't have it. So I ordered it this time. The stash report is going to take a hit, but if delete all the other fabric shop emails, I should be able to get back on track.
I'm linking up with all the other stash busters (or stash busters wanna be's like me) over at Patchwork Times.