Sunday, March 31, 2013

Stash Report - Week 13



We are heading off to church in a bit.  Drama Teen had a visit from the Easter Bunny via special request.  I asked if her if she was too old for the Easter Bunny. Her response, "Mom it's the only day of the year I get to eat candy for breakfast, I'm not giving that up without a fight".  So she still enough of a kid to enjoy those small pleasures.

Moving on to the stash report.  No backs this week, but there was still enough sewing going on to result in a small amount of outgoing stash.  

Used last week: 1.44 yards
Added last week:  0 yards

Used for 2013: 22.74 yards
Added for 2013:  49.25 yards

Net stashed for 2013:  26.51 yards

Since this is the end of the first quarter, I took a look at my stash management stats.  I quadrupled my fabric usage between this year and last year at this time.  I've been tracking my stash usage since 2010 and the year to date numbers for this year are double what I used in 2010 and 2011.  So in terms of using stash, 2013 has started off as a record year.  



Though I'm in the red, the stash enhancement number isn't as red as it has been in previous years.  For 2013, the incoming year to date number is half what it was in 2012.  So less in, more out for this year compared to last year.  That's at least a step in the right direction.  


For more stash reports, check out the links over at Patchwork Times.   

6 comments:

Denise in PA said...

Happy Easter, Kate! My daughter's almost 24 and she still gets an Easter Basket! In my family, until you got married, you got the basket! o:)

DeeDee said...

My mother is 91 and still gets a basket of Easter treats.
Great numbers.

Lee said...

Love your charts! I once knew how to do those, but being out of the work force for 14 years...well, the memory has faded.

Dar said...

We got baskets as adults from my mother when she was alive. It gave her joy to do it for her only daughter (and significant other of the time). Your charts really show it how it is. God progress for 2013.

Beth in MN said...

Hey, the Easter Bunny missed our house and my very grown-up daughters were looking for their Easter Baskets. It was BooHoo city!!! LOL Your daughter sounds like she would get along great with mine.

Lori said...

I bought my BFF some Cadbury caramel eggs--she had been avoiding that aisle in the store--she loves them! And then I decorated the table with some plastic eggs and ducks and some chocolate eggs!

aren't stash reports enlightening?? You even have graphs!