Friday, March 22, 2013

Favorite Things Friday - Spring Break

It's still Friday where I am, just barely.  I'm late posting today because we're on Spring Break, or actually I should say Drama Teen is.  My Guy and I just decided to take a couple of days of vacation to hang out with her.  No reason she should get to have all that fun without us.  

Today was really just about hanging out together.  We all ate breakfast out, then jumped back in the car and drove around for a while.  It's not really spring-like at the moment, the highs were only in the 40's.  So coffee seemed like a really good idea.  So we found a new to us coffee place and ventured inside.  


I like how my latte cup matched the table cloth.  The music was good, so much so that DT sang along to almost every song.  An amazing feat really considering she was playing her game boy, which probably hadn't seen the light of day for 2 or 3 years.



DT enjoys the occasional latte, but always checks with me to be sure that they won't stunt her growth (she's still hoping to make it to 5'7").  

After coffee, we wandered over to the book store and wasted spent some time drooling over the quilting magazines (well that was just me), DT picked out some meaningful literature  (a movie ?), while My Guy picked up a new book on baking bread to replace the one he had finished reading at the coffee shop.  

Needless to say a good day was had by all.  Which any given week is always a favorite thing.  

If you haven't already checked out all favorite things over at Quilting in My Pyjamas, you should do that pronto.  That's where I'm headed once I get this posted. 

5 comments:

Marg said...

DT is growing up and looking gorgeous..
Sounds like you all had a lovely relaxing day.

thea said...

Agreed. DT is certainly growing up. I am not sure what your favorite was though, if it was spring break or spending a day with the family. Either way, great favorite!

Lynne said...

Sounds like a great way to spend the day!

Kevin the Quilter said...

A great day indeed! Cool!

Shay said...


Kate , your day sounds like a perfect way to spend a Spring break day . Coffee , a spot of shopping and all done at a relaxing pace. Just what the doctor ordered!