It's been a good weekend to sew since it was cold and wet. I spent most of yesterday in my sewing room, though the stash report doesn't really show that. Today we'll (actually I'll) put the Christmas tree up. Once it's up with the lights on it, I can turn it over to Kiddo for her to hang the ornaments.
As I mentioned above the stash report looks pretty anemic considering I spent most of yesterday sewing. In part, that's because I started on the borders for the Geisha quilt and then decided that one of the borders just wasn't going to work. With some input from My Guy, an alternative has been worked out. Now I just have to unsew the last set of borders from yesterday. Since I have to do that, the yardage for that last border has been backed out of the report.
Used this week: 0.66 yards
Added this week: 9 yards
Used year to date: 52.52 yards
Added year to date: 70.12 yards
Net stashed for 2011: 17.60 yards
Did you notice the 9 yards in this week? That doesn't help the report either. Part of this yardage will be used for borders for the purple and yellow quilt. I played with the fabric that was in my stash and just didn't really like any of the options. I've spent a lot of time on this quilt and just can't make myself finish it with borders I'm not thrilled with.
The dark purple in middle will be used as a narrow border around the quilt, then there will be a wider border of one of the two medium range prints. I'm leaning more towards the "viney" one at the moment, but I haven't played with these 3 on the design wall yet so that could change.
I hope your report is moving in the right direction. Check out Patchwork Times for more stories of the stash.