Sunday, October 13, 2019

Week 41: Stitching Stuff

It's almost the middle of October.  The last two weeks have gone by pretty quickly.  It's getting darker earlier and cooler in the evenings. Getting in an evening walk means getting that in when I'm normally heading to the sewing room.  The change in seasons is the hardest time to keep up the sewing room (and exercise) habits as you have to rearrange your schedule to fit in the new normal.  So far so good on that front for me. Does your sewing time change with the seasons?  


If I head straight up the stairs after our walk, it's not hard to get into the stitching groove.  So far I've navigated the season change pretty well on the sewing front.  

15 minute days/week = 7/7 days
15 minute days/October = 12/12 days
15 minute days/2019 = 257/285 days
Success rate = 90.18%

My goal for 2019 was to manage 15 minutes of stitching time at least 90% of the time. I'm meeting that goal at the moment. I'm not sure how easy that's going to be staying at that level this week. I'm not going to be home at all on Monday, and maybe not Tuesday either.  The plan is to work in some handwork, time allowing.  

In terms of the stash report, there's nothing out at all. The projects under the needle this week have either already had the fabric counted, or it's mystery stuff that I don't count till the blocks are assembled.  So at some point, I'll have a bunch out.  

In the non-stitching stuff category, we met up with the Scientist in Training yesterday and checked out The Gathering Place in Tulsa.  The park is just over a year old and has been generating a lot of buzz.  If you've got kids, it's a great place to spend an afternoon. Apparently the SIT is still kid enough to enough some of the activities. 



The park runs along the river just south of downtown.  It's a wonderful place to just walk and check out nature. 



There's also some fun places to hang out like the Boathouse, which has the coolest lighting. 



It was a fun afternoon.  If you are ever in Tulsa, OK, you should definitely put this place on your "to visit" list. 

So how did your stitchy week work out? 



1. Meloney
2. Julie in GA
3. Chrisknits
4. DawnyK
5. Amanda
6. Shasta @ High Road Quilter
7. Christina's Handicrafts

Powered by... Mister Linky's Magical Widgets.

7 comments:

Julie in GA said...

It is very tough finding time for everything after working all day. Exercise is the thing that tends to not happen for me. Congrats on keeping up your 90% goal!

Barbara said...

We visited Oklahoma on one of our trips, but only Oklahoma City to see the memorial. Our next long trip will be our Heartland Trip, and I’ll have to add Tulsa to the list of places to see.

chrisknits said...

It sounds very interesting! I need to find an interesting place to walk close to me. They created a path along a small creek, but it's been close for some work, so no clue when they will open it back up.

DawnyK said...

Oh that looks like a fun place. Enjoy. I'm off to a concert by Hubby's flute teacher.

seabreezequilts said...

One of the many things we are lucky with is the amount of playgrounds in our area. There are bigger ones within a 20min drive as well. It looked like a wonderful Autumn Day.

Marti said...

I want one of those swings in my backyard! It is hard to find time for much when it gets dark earlier and will be worse after the time change. Enjoy your week!

Jennifer said...

For me, the change of seasons affects exercise the most....when it is dark out, I just want to hunker down! Must get to the gym this weekend as we are predicted to have rain. That park looks really fun and looks like your husband is up and out too - hope he is feeling better now!