It's been a slow weekend, which is good. Not much got done yesterday on the computer, in the sewing room or around the house. I spent most of the day with a hot pad on my shoulder. They changed out my computer at work and the new set up aggravated an old shoulder injury. I had the ergonomic expert in my office on Friday, but apparently we still didn't get everything lined up as I woke up yesterday feeling pretty miserable. When it gets that bad, I have to limit my computer time at home until the swelling goes down. It's feeling a lot better this morning, but I'll still have to limit my computer time today as that shoulder is not quite back to normal.
I did spend some time in the sewing room earlier this week. And managed to use a little fabric in the borders for Grand Illusion.
Used last week: 0.29 yards
Used in July: 0.62 yards
Used year to date: 16.97 yards
Purchased year to date: 10.25 yards
Net used: 6.72 yards
I didn't have a goal for net used this year other than to use more than I buy. So far so good on that front.
In an effort to use more fabric (which is the best excuse I can think of for a case of startitis), I started a new project this week. Meadow Mist Designs posted the fabric requirement for Midnight Mystery in June and this month the cutting instructions. I made my fabric selections on Thursday, tweaked them yesterday and then starting cutting (which was one of the few sewing room activities that didn't make my shoulder ache).
This uses up some of my older stash. I've been pretty good this year about not starting anything new. This one promises to be pretty easy, as the pieces are large. As much as I want to finish off UFOs, adding in something new keeps it fun.
That's it for my stash report this week. You will find other reports over at Patchwork Times.