Sunday, March 18, 2018

Week 11 of 2018: Stitching and De-stashing

Whoever invented weekends was a genius.  Have you ever looked into how weekends came to be?  According to my very quick Google search, Henry Ford (of Ford automobile fame) was an early proponent of 5 day work weeks.  The reason? His workers were his first customer base.  He decided that if his employees had two days off every week, they would have time to drive their cars places, which would result in more car sales.  I'm sure that wasn't the only driver for weekends, but it does make a good story. 

Since it's Sunday, it's time to look at how well the week went in terms of stitching a bit and using up some of that stash. 




I did pretty well on finding time to sew this week. 
Days with stitching this week: 6 out of 7 days
Days with stitching this month: 13 out of 17 days
Days with stitching this year: 69 out of 76 days
Success rate:  90.8%

A stomach bug bit me on Tuesday, so no sewing that day.  But otherwise I found time the rest of the week to get in at least my 15 minutes.  

Using up the stash has been going slow too.  The sashing for Vintage Dresses is slow going and doesn't use a lot of fabric.  But since there is no fabric coming in, the stash report is still looking pretty good. 

Fabric used this week: 0.36 yards
Fabric used in 2018: 15.17 yards
Fabric purchased in 2018: 0 yards
Net fabric out for 2018:  15.17 yards

So it's not been a bad week on either front.  Linking up with Quiltpaintcreate for the weekly stash report. 

The Scientist in Training is home for spring break.  We've got some mom/daughter stuff planned, so finding time to stitch will be a challenge this week.  But that's for next week's report.  How did you do this week at finding time to stitch? 

1. Julie in GA
2. maggie f
3. di
4. Mary-Kay
5. Aileen K
6. MartiDIY
7. Susanne
8. Shasta
9. Christina's Handicrafts
10. dreamworthy quilts

Powered by... Mister Linky's Magical Widgets.

11 comments:

Julie in GA said...

Your numbers continue to look good. Have a great week with your girl!

Kristi B said...

Have fun with your daughter! My son and I are taking a trip in 2 weeks. Love that special time together!

Quilting Gail said...

6 out of 7 days - that's pretty good! Have a fun week with your daughter!

Mary-Kay said...

Glad you are feeling better. With your success rate of 90.8%, you can afford to miss a day of stitching. Enjoy your time with your daughter.

Anonymous said...

I know what you mean about slow usage. Great numbers though.

Marti said...

Sorry you had a bug. Those are no fun. I know what you mean about slow usage too. I've been making such small things lately and use scraps for so much that I don't feel I'm making any progress. Have fun with your daughter this week. Now I'm off to read about the start of weekends.

Cheryl said...

I'm glad you are feeling better and you are making great progress in working through your stash this year.

Jennifer said...

I had a great week since I had a retreat :) - hope you and your daughter have a fun week together and the work load is a little lighter!

Shelina (formerly known as Shasta) said...

I am glad you are feeling better. You HAVE had a good week. Maybe if you quilt with your daughter, you will do both things at the same time!

thea said...

You're doing great! You're doing an amazing job so far this year.

Sandra Walker said...

I did pretty good! Think I only missed one day and that was due to not being home most of it! Hmm, I did knit on my selvages rug though, so guess that counts! You are amazing no fabric purchased in 2.5 months!