My Guy has been off at a conference, so it's been just Drama Teen and I this week. Sewing time was easy to come by. So much so that 2 of the 5 remaining Vintage Dresses needed for this year's Rainbow Scrap Challenge quilt were finished up this wee. The first is from the dark end of the red-violet spectrum.
Not sure where you'd wear this one, but I love the dragon flies on the insert. The second dress is definitely on the lighter side.
It would have been better had those lighter flowers ended up in the middle rather than off to one side. I didn't realize that this fabric probably needed to be fussy cut. But I"ll claim this was deliberate design element and not worry about it going forward.
Here are both dresses together.
|Vintage Dresses by Charise Randell|
The actual color of both dresses is best represented by this photo. They are fun additions to the project. Now to pick the fabrics for the 2 black dresses.
Just 3 dresses left to make before I can start on the assembly. This project isn't likely to get done this year, but hopefully it will get finished up sometime early in 2017. I've been doing pretty well at finishing up the projects I've started the last couple of years, but my UFO list hasn't gone down much.
Linking up with Soscrappy for the Rainbow Scrap Challenge and with Quilting is More Fun than Housework for Oh Scrap when those posts are up.