Wednesday, September 28, 2016

WIPS - Starting an New Mystery

It's been a while since I've been able to post for three days in a row. To do that requires time in the sewing room and progress on multiple projects.  Up until this last weekend, sewing room time had been a bit scarce.  Thankfully the shoulder problems that kept me from stitching are abating and I can enjoy both sewing and blogging again.  

In addition to getting a start on the second graduation quilt last week, I was able to get a start on this year's Meadow Mist mystery quilt.  Cheryl's Midnight Mystery from last year was such fun that I really wanted to play along again this year.  I even finished last year's mystery quilt back in July so I could play along this year and not feel too guilty for adding another project to the list.  Here's this year's fabric choices:




And here's what I've gotten done so far on Block 6, the first step in the mystery.


Block 6, Meadow Mist quilt along mystery by Cheryl Brickey

I've got all the HSTs made, but the blocks aren't all sewn together yet.  There's another set of HSTs that need to be made this month, I should get started on those before the next set of instructions come out.  So I'll likely be a bit behind, but that's OK.  These are 4.5" HSTs so they go pretty fast.  

Linking up with Let's Bee Social and Needle and Thread Thursday.

7 comments:

Tish Stemple said...

I really love the fabrics you are using for your mystery quilt. You will have that second set sewed together in no time.

Lorna McMahon said...

Nice progress! Yes, those HST's can be a wee bit tedious.... But so worth it in the end. Your fabric choices are perfect!

Cheryl said...

Woohoo! Your blocks look great!

Cut&Alter said...

Glad to hear you are feeling better. I was going to join up to this QAL too but realised I have way to many unfinished projects on the go - well done for finishing last year's before starting this years!!

Kate said...

Looks like a great start! I love your fabric choices.

Linda @ kokaquilts said...

You are off to a great start! This mystery QAL looks like fun, I'll look forward to following your progress.

Sarah Goer Quilts said...

I'm a bit behind too. Everything is cut, but I haven't sewn a stitch since I was working on some more urgent gift quilts that I wanted to get finished.