Monday, September 12, 2016

Weekend Stitching: Odds and Ends

It was a nice relaxing weekend.  Some much needed yard work got done on Sunday, which has unfortunately left me a bit sore this morning.  There was lots of stitching time this weekend, but it sure doesn't look like much when you look at what's up on the design wall.  

Good progress was made on piecing the backing for the Zombies quilt


All that's left is the borders to bring it up to size.  Hopefully this quilt will be ready to send out for quilting next week sometime. 

The other blocks up on the design wall are from the second graduation quilt, Bejeweled (my EQ version is here).  


Drama Teen selected the swirly gray background.  I wasn't sure it was going to to work, but it looks fine.  I've got 32 more of these Economy blocks to make, then there are 36 more in another color to construct. The goal this month was to get started on it, which in my book is when I start cutting the fabric.  I'm looking forward to making this quilt. It uses a lot of bright and fun fabrics, with lots of blues.  

Linking up this week with
Main Crush Monday
Monday Making
Monday Design Wall

10 comments:

Libby in TN said...

I think Drama Teen has good taste -- she obviously gets it from you, ahem. Can't wait to see the other blues.

Beth @ Cooking Up Quilts said...

Love that background fabric. It will be as much fun to watch this one come together as it was seeing you finish Zombies!

The Colorful Fabriholic said...

Love the backing for Zombies! Good luck with your progress on the economy blocks for Bejeweled this week.

Katie Z. said...

It's so nice to make good progress on projects! I didn't touch the machine all weekend, so I'm ready to make progress today.

Preeti said...

Bejeweled is beautiful, Kate. I sent you an email but did not hear back. Please check your inbox and respond.
Hugs,
Preeti.
http://sewpreetiquilts.blogspot.com

Rhonda said...

I really like your backing for the Zombies quilt. It looks like the perfect background for the blue Economy blocks. They look nice.

Kalicocreations said...

The back of the Zombie quilt looks great, it will make a reversible quilt if they want. Congratulations on the start of the new quilt, you will have those graduation quilts finished before you know it!
Terry

Val's Quilting Studio said...

Girl you are making great gains on these graduation quilt!!

Bonnie said...

You go girl! You've succeeded at your September goal and I haven't even looked at my patterns/fabric for my goal.

Marti said...

Your back looks better than a lot of quilt tops. Very nice! (I do love Paris scenes.)