Wednesday, August 24, 2016

August One Monthly Goal: Back on Track

One more week in August.  That's hard to believe. Not sure where the summer went.  The beginning of the month was a bit busy, but it's slowed down a bit.  Last weekend was really nice as I got to spend a lot of time in the sewing room.  There was lots of progress on numerous fronts, including getting Zombies in Paris to the point of being a finished flimsy. 


Zombies in Paris by Kate

The border is a really dark purple not black.  Even Photo Shop can't seem to bring out the true color.  This is the first of 4 graduation quilts that Drama Teen has commissioned for next May.  She wanted each person's quilt to be something that they could wrap them selves up in next year at college when they feel they need a hug.  I think this quilt will do that.  I've got some left over fabrics and some that we bought, but didn't use in the front that we want to work into the backing.  I've been playing with layouts.  Hopefully, I can get the back made soon so it can go out for quilting.  

August's One Monthly Goal was to reach the finished flimsy stage.  That's done, earlier than I expected.  That's 7 out of 8 months where I've reached my monthly goal.  These monthly goals have helped keep the focus on moving one project ahead each month.  The progress hasn't hit my finished quilt list as much as I would like, but if I keep it up, there be a few more finishes to add before the end of the year.  

 I'm linking up with My Quilt Infatuation for Needle and Thread Thursday and with Red Letter Quilts when she posts the end of August One Monthly Goal link up.  

14 comments:

Libby in TN said...

Woohoo! Way to go.

Preeti said...

You reached your monthly goal one week before the month is done??? Wow!!! Yay!!! Terrific!!!
On the other hand, may be you need to set bigger goals ;-) Looking forward to your next monthly goals :-)
Hugs,
Preeti.

Barbara said...

It looks fantastic, Kate. Isn't that great, having it done earlier than expected?

Vroomans' Quilts said...

I do love this and congrats on an early goal finish.

The Colorful Fabriholic said...

Congrats on your finish! Your daughter's friend is sure to love it.

Katie Z. said...

Way to go!

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

You are such a generous mom to be making all those quilts, and it's also really neat that they are customized for the recipient! I bet they will be really appreciated. I have trouble photographing purple, too - usually it comes out looking like dark blue!

Nann said...

What a hearty Zombie quilt! Great color combo. Congratulations on the OMG achievement.

Beth @ Cooking Up Quilts said...

Congrats on meeting yet another goal! At the rate you're going, you'll definitely have all the graduation quilts finished in time. I too can't believe how fast time is flying by; it always seems once September arrives the rest of the year just zooms by!

Karen's Korner said...

Well done on meeting your goal.

Heidi said...

Back on Track! Made me smile!
Zombie Love sure fits the bill, it has great cuddle factor!

Quilter Kathy said...

Way to go Kate! Love the incentive of the One Monthly Goal!

Bonnie said...

Yea for a finished goal! I'm with you wishing I was finishing quilts instead of just moving them along. What's next for you?

Sandy Panagos said...

That turned out SO cute! I have been watching the progress, and I think her friend will love it!