Used last week: 0.89 yards
Used in March: 1.21 yards
Used in April: 0.89 yards
Used year to date: 17.72 yards
Purchased this week: 0 yards
Purchased year to date: 7 yards
Net Used for 2016: 10.72 yards
No fabric in this week, but there will be another addition to the stash next week. I ordered fabric for the second of four graduation quilts. Thankfully I should be able to start on the back for the Midnight Mystery quilt this week, so that will be a nice chuck going out of the stash to help balance that purchase.
Last year I started piling up all the fabrics that are currently dedicated to an ongoing project and measured the height. It's one way to visualize progress of using up the stash.
|Stack of in-use fabrics as of 4-2-2016|
The stack has grown by about 0.75 inches since January. Since I finished the McCall's Mystery quilt, those fabrics got pulled out, but I've added the backing fabric for the Midnight Mystery quilt. Still I'm down 2 inches from the first time I did measured the stack back in February of 2015.
|In use fabrics as of February 2015 and January 2016|
Hopefully by the end of 2016, this pile will be a lot shorter! The more days I make it to the sewing room for 15 minutes the faster that will happen. This was a good week for stitching.
Days with 15 minutes of stitching time this week: 7 days
Days in March: 23 out of 31
Days in April: 2 out of 2
Days this year: 77 out of 93
That's it for me this week on metrics. You can check out Judy's Patchwork Times for more on stash management.