Monday, February 20, 2017

Weekend Stitching - The Other Stuff

It was a quite weekend.  Drama Teen has fully recovered from last week's stomach bug and spent yesterday studying for a physics test she missed on Friday.  My Guy and I are looking at this as weekend as the calm before the storm.  The next few weeks will be really busy with interview candidates, science fair judging, retirement dinners (between the two of us there are 5 retirement receptions to attend), and then there's the three day workshop on energy that My Guy organizes.  Oh, plus there is a wedding in there somewhere.  We are both looking forward to spring break when things will slow down again.   

Geometry is still in three large pieces which hopefully will become one finished flimsy sometime this week.  The binding did get attached to the front of Poinsettias, so I'll have some slow stitching to work on.  There's not much to show on those two projects, but there has been some progress over on the small design wall.  I finished the first three blocks for En Provence. 

 En Provence, A Bonnie Hunter Mystery (2016)

I'd like to make 12 blocks, but I'm not sure there is enough of the two blues to make that many.  There is definitely enough to make 9 blocks.  So I'm either a third or a fourth of the way done with the blocks.  

Also up on the smaller design wall is the fourth block two from the Meadow Mist Mystery.

  Meadow Mist Designs Mystery
By Cheryl Brickey of the Meadow Mist Designs Blog


There are eight more blocks left to make before assembly can start on this one.  I'm not sure that using the two blacks with the orange was the best choice of fabrics.  Once I get Geometry off the big design wall, I'll lay out the center blocks for this project and see how this project is shaping up. 

I'm still contemplating labels for Bejeweled.


Still not there yet.  The background is too dark, though I really like the teal bow and flower.  I still think it needs jewels somewhere, so back to the drawing board.  

Linking up with:
Main Crush Monday
Monday Making
Monday Design Wall  

13 comments:

Beth @ Cooking Up Quilts said...

Wow, you do have a busy week! I hope you at least get your daily 15 minutes in your sewing room. Love the label! What are you using to design it?

Alison V. said...

I love your En Provence and I think your mystery quilt is looking great too! I need to put my mystery quilt top together this week, I think.

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

It's fun to see the variety of colors you're using for the two different mystery quilts! I love the blues and purples for En Provence, and the orange in your Meadow Mystery. Hope you have a great week!

Angie in SoCal said...

Such colorful projects. I really like the colorway of your En Provence. Thanks for sharing!

Val's Quilting Studio said...

Life is fun though....we are personally in a lull...but now by Spring when we unthaw, life will pick up it's pace again. I always enjoy seeing what you are up to.

QUILTING IS BLISSFUL, DI said...

Don't envy your busy time coming up--but you will survive it --I am sure--just have some fun while doing it!!!
Love the orange and black block so hope it does work out in with the rest of the blocks in that quilt--and your other projects are coming along--block by block!!
enjoy the moments, di

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

LOVE it! Your blocks are just gorgeous! Hope you get some calm in there with all the busy!

verpa said...

Your En Provence is great, nice colours and fabrics. thanks for sharing.

Kate said...

I'm glad everyone is feeling better - again! (Bust out the disinfectant!!) I like the two blacks in the orange block, but it's hard to tell how it will look in the end, being a mystery and all. I hope you make it through the busy time with your sanity intact!

Nancy said...

I love the fabrics in your Meadow Mist block. It's a beautiful block!

Kalicocreations said...

En Provence is looking good! I like the black with the orange, I didn't notice there were two different blacks until I read it. I hope you have time to get your bejeweled quilt finished. Hang in there spring break will be here soon!
Terry

Kevin the Quilter said...

You are doing a bang up job on progression with these quilts! I can hardly keep up with anything these days! Good for you!

newsurfiegirl said...

Love the blocks you are just making so much progress!