It was a nice weekend for just hanging out around the house and getting some sewing done. Drama Teen went to bed early last night with a sore throat, but no fever. We're hoping it's not strep throat, one of her classmates she has a couple of classes with had it last week. It's just that time of year.
Other than being on illness alert, it was a really nice weekend. I did get to spend most of Sunday in the sewing room. Not all of the time was spent at the sewing machine. I finally got tired of moving Poinsettias from point to point in the sewing room. It's been quilted for a couple of months, but needs to be trimmed and bound.
So I cleared off the cutting table and got it trimmed up. I really like the holly leaf quilting motif. It shows up nicely in that black border. The binding strips were also cut and are sitting over the sewing machine for stitching. While cutting the binding strips I realized that Poinsettias needed a label too. So I took some time out to design one.
The other focus in the sewing room this weekend was on getting Geometry into a finished flimsy.
Progress was made, but it's not a finished flimsy yet. The top 4 rows are sewn together and the bottom two are as well. It always takes longer to sew all the rows together than I think it should. But this one should be a finished flimsy by next weekend.
Linking up with
Main Crush Monday
Monday Design Wall