Wednesday, September 30, 2026

To Do List for the Week of 9/29/2026

The drive from Houston to home Monday was just over 11 hours. Needless to say I was pretty wiped out yesterday. I slept late yesterday, got up just in time to go work out at the gym and make a run to Walmart.  After lunch, it was nap time.  I just never worked up the energy to dig my computer out of the bag and get it set up.  So I'm a day late with my to do list. 

Last week I was sewing from the road, without my normal set up.  It was still a pretty good week on the progress front.  

To Do List for 9/22/2026

1.  Celtic Solstice: Continue making blocks ✔ 
2.  Marigold Mystery: Work on September blocks ✔
3.  2026 Guild BOM: Start quilt assembly - no progress
4.  Wild and Goosey: Work on teal/purple blocks ✔
5.  Butterfly Medallion embroidery: Continue to stitch ✔

Check marks on 4 out of 5 is not a bad week.  I ended up not working on the Guild BOM because I just really didn't have the room and there were plenty of other projects to work on.  I made pretty good progress on the projects I took with me.  I'm looking forward to spending some time in my sewing room. Here's my list for this week. 

To Do List for 9/30/2026

1.  Squared Away (SoScrappy): Make binding, sew to front

I picked up Squared Away from the long arm quilter yesterday. I haven't had a chance to get it out of the bag and unfold it, but from what I can see it looks good.  So I'll definitely have another finish for next month.  

2. Glowing Hearts (Sandra Walker): Continue quilting

No progress on this last week since I wasn't home.  I'm hoping to finish another row, or at least close to another row, this week.  Fingers crossed I'll actually have two finishes in October.  

3. Celtic Solstice (Bonnie Hunter):  Assembly quilt top




All the blocks have been made. Now it's time to start assembling the quilt top.  I also need to decide how to use the left over border blocks. I'll probably use them in my border, I just need to see how many I have and what's the best way to use them.  

4. Marigold Mystery (Meadow Mist Designs): Finish September blocks




 
The first September block is almost finished. There are 3 more chain blocks left to make, plus 5 of the star blocks. I'll need to get busy on those as the next clue comes out tomorrow.  

5. 2026 Guild BOM: Start quilt assembly




All the strips for the sashing and borders are cut, I just need to start sewing things together.  

6. Wild and Goosey (Bonnie Hunter): Continue working on teal/purple blocks




There are 42 of the 3.5" purple blocks finished. The quilt layout needs a total of 64, so 22 blocks left to make.  Progress is slow but steady.  I'm hoping that all the blocks are made before the end of the year.  I may have to bump this up in priority to make that happen.  

That's my list for this week. It's a bit more ambitious then usual, hopefully I can make good progress on all the projects this week. Linking up with the Quilt Schmilt for To Do Tuesday.

No comments: