Tuesday, September 22, 2026

To Do List for the Week of 9/22/2026

Last week was busy with prep for my trip this week. In between trying to get laundry caught up and finish up the necessary chores, I did find time to get into the sewing room.  But the focus was more on prepping projects for the trip and not so much on actually using the sewing machine.  Progress on last week's to do list shows that.  

To Do List for 9/15/2026

1. Glowing Hearts: Continue quilting ✔
2. 2026 Guild BOM: Cut fabrics for assembly 
3. Celtic Solstice: Continue making blocks 
4. Marigold Mystery: Work on September blocks - no progress
5. Wild and Goosey: Work on teal/purple blocks 

Definitively not a bad week.  I finally got the fabrics cut for the 2026 Guild BOM, which will show up in this week's list for sure. The plan for this week is to work on what I can. Since I'm not home, it's harder to work on multiple projects at a time since space is more limited then in my sewing room. We'll see how it goes. 

To Do List for 9/22/2026

1. Celtic Solstice (Bonnie Hunter): Continue making blocks



I put a full block and part of the corner block up on the design wall so I could see pressing directions.  There are several partial blocks sitting by the sewing machine.  I'm hoping to have all the blocks finished before the end of the week. Of course that depends on how much time I actually spend sewing.    

2. Marigold Mystery (Meadow Mist Designs): Work on September blocks



All the pieces are cut, they just need to be sewn into blocks.  I should get to that sometime this week. Not sure I'll finish them, but getting started should happen.  

3.  2026 Guild BOM: Start quilt assembly

I finally got all the sashing pieces cut, now just to sit down and start assembly. That may not happen this week.  There's not as much space to work as in my sewing room. So this one may wait till I'm home. We'll see. 

4. Wild and Goosey (Bonnie Hunter): Work on teal/purple blocks




The first teal block is sashed.  Just 47 left to go.  Making the purple blocks is my current leaders project.  This project continues to move along, slowly, but it is moving. 

5. Butterfly Medallion embroidery: Continue to stitch. 



This butterfly panel is my traveling stitching project.  It comes out when I can't use my machine.  It came out last weekend after our shopping trip because I was too tired to get the sewing machine set up.  I'll probably work on it a bit next weekend since we have plans to be out and about at least one day. 

That's my list for this week. I do have some plans to be out and about myself while My Girl is at work. There's a coffee shop I'd like to visit and I brought a couple of books I'd like to start.  We'll see what appeals as the week goes on. 

Linking up with the Quilt Schmilt for To Do Tuesday.   

1 comment:

Yvonne from Quilting Jetgirl said...

I always enjoy getting to see progress on your Butterfly Medallion embroidery project. Sounds like you have a cozy week ahead of you!