In an effort to work down my UFO list, I finally found a local long arm quilter to try. My Girl needs a few graduation quilts for school buddies, so I'm trying get those finished before everyone graduates this year or next. Last year's guild BOM has been picked as one of those quilts to be gifted. So I gave the new to me quilter a try. The quilting turned out beautifully. Now it just needs to be bound. But before the binding it needs a label. After a bit of back and forth with My Girl, this is what we came up with (minus the personal message).
This friend enjoys painting as a hobby. Since the quilt has all different colors in it, My Girl decided it was a good substitute palette. So I went with it. I'm hoping to have the quilt bound before the end of the month. Which means I need to do a lot of hand stitching this week.
There was also good progress on assembling Good Fortune (Bonnie Hunter).
The the sashing has been pinned to that third row, I just need to stitch that long seam. So I'm close to another finished quilt top. My 5th finished top for the year. Which will bring the total of tops hanging in the closet to be quilted to 15. The long arm quilter did a good job with the 2025 Guild BOM at a reasonable price, so I'll definitely be using her again. I already have the next quilt top and a potential backing selected for the next quilt to be sent out. Hopefully I can finish 4 more quilts this year between the new long armer and my at home quilting efforts. That would take the UFO list lower than it's been in a long time.
Linking up with Patchwork & Quilts and Sew & Tell Monday.


5 comments:
Glad you found a local longarmer that you like! I'll be looking forward to seeing that finish. Good Fortune looks great!
What a beautiful label, perfect for someone who loves to paint.
What a pretty label you've designed. It really has helped to have a local long arm quilter to take things to - for me anyway.
It's always a bit of a gamble to try a new quilting service -- hope this one works out well for you. The splashy print for the label is so pretty! Love the colorway for your BH WIP.
I'm so glad the longarm quilter did a good job for you on your guild BOM quilt. It's exciting to think you are close to a finish! Triple digit heat is definitely the time to hang out inside.
Post a Comment