Not quite a full week into October and it feels like the month is rushing by. Probably because we've got stuff on the calendar for this month. Not fun stuff, necessary stuff.
I took a lazy approach to last week, but I still didn't do too badly with my to do list.
To Do List for 9/29/2026
1. Squared Away: Make binding, sew to front - no progress
2. Glowing Hearts: Continue walking foot quilting ✔
3. Celtic Solstice: Continue quilt top assembly ✔
4. Marigold Mystery: Finish September blocks - progress
5. 2026 Guild BOM: Start quilt assembly - no progress
6. Wild and Goosey: Continue teal/purple blocks ✔
Not a bad week considering how unmotivated I was on the sewing front after my trip to see My Girl. I probably jumped the gun by putting both Squared Away and the 2026 Guild BOM on the to do list for last week. They will show up on this week's list because both need to get moved along.
To Do List for 1/6/2026
1. Squared Away (Soscrappy): Make binding, make label, trim
Putting this project on last week's list was probably jumping the gun. This project is a gift for one of My Girl's college buddies, so I need her input on the quilt name and a message for the label. She's been busy so hadn't really put much thought into it. We now have a name, so I can start on the label. Hopefully this will be ready for binding next week.
2. Glowing Hearts (Sandra Walker): Continue quilting
I'm half way finished quilting the top row of the quilt. I should finish that row this week and maybe get started on the last row next week. I'm getting to the point I need to figure out how I'm quilting the sashing and the borders.
3. Celtic Solstice (Bonnie Hunter): Finish quilt top assembly, decide on borders
All the row are sewn together. Just two long seams and the center of the top will be assembled. I need to finalize what the borders are going to look like and get the fabrics cut for those.
4. Marigold Mystery (Meadow Mist Designs): Finish September blocks, start October blocks
The chain blocks from last month's clue are finished and the Ohio Star blocks have been started. Hopefully I'll at least get the fabrics cut for the October blocks this week.
5. 2026 Guild BOM: Start assembly
This has been on the list for the last two weeks with no progress. Once all the rows are sewn together for Celtic Solstice, I'll get started on getting this top assembled. It needs to be done by the guild meeting in November, so I best get started.
6. Wild and Goosey (Bonnie Hunter): Continue working on teal/purple blocks
Just a couple more teal blocks to sash and then I can concentrate on finishing up the purple 3.5" blocks. When the paper pieces run out, it will be necessary to see how many more are needed so I can do one last printer run. It's strange to know just one more batch of papers need to be printed to finish these blocks.
I'll need to be motivated this week to get to everything. Linking up with the Quilt Schmilt for To Do Tuesday.



Great progress on your projects - yay for a name for your Girl's friend's quilt. Glowing Hearts quilting looks pretty, and I love your colors in Marigold Mystery.
ReplyDeleteI really love the prints you chose for the Marigold Mystery, they are so fun together! I'm glad you and your girl have picked out a name for Squared Away, and I hope you have a great week!
ReplyDeleteI love your chain blocks for the Marigold mystery! I haven't started this month's clue yet. . .not likely it will happen; yet, I am hopeful! Your Celtic Solstice looks awesome. I'm cheering you on for a finish!
ReplyDeleteThis might be the first time I really pretty floral you used as the border for Glowing Hearts - love it! Good luck with this week's list. Hope you get lots done!
ReplyDeleteThe Marigold Mystery blocks are so pretty, Kate and you are moving right along on your beautiful quilting of Glowing Hearts. Do you print your own batch of papers for your quilt? You remind me that I do need to print a batch of hexies for my hexie quilt. Have a terrific Tuesday. Hugs.
ReplyDelete