Pages

▼

Wednesday, October 7, 2026

Third Quarter Progress on the Quilting Strategy

Since September felt like August, it's surprising to realize it's October.  Third quarter is over and we've started fourth quarter.  Just three months left in the year!  I'm always amazed at how fast the last half of the year goes. It's definitely time to take a look at what my strategic plan for the sewing room was for 2026 and see how I'm doing on the execution part.  

1. Guild BOM 2026

All the blocks are finished and all the sashing/border strips are cut, now it's just assembly time. 

2. Wild and Goosey: 




Continued to use two blocks as my leaders for the quarter, plus I've been sashing blocks as I finish a color. I've got quite a pile of blocks finished at this point. Just the purple blocks to finish now. 

3. UFOs to move to finished quilt tops



Three projects progressed this quarter. Lupine and Laughter, plus Good Fortune are quilt tops.  All the quilt blocks for Celtic Solstice were finished before the end of the quarter.  There wasn't any progress on the Simply Sensational Summer Scarp Quilt.  Both Good Fortune and Celtic Solstice needed a lot of blocks constructed. I'm not unhappy with the progress on these UFOs that needed borders or blocks finished.   

4. Quilts to Quilted with my Walking Foot



There was good progress on quilting Glowing Hearts, but it's only about half finished. So there was no progress on Betty during the quarter. I am getting a better feel on how much quilting I can actually get done in a quarter. That will help me set my strategy for 4th quarter and next year.  

5. Quilts to send Out for Quilting




Squared Away is back from the quilter, but it's not trimmed or bound yet.  At least it's quilted. Magnificent Mystery didn't see any progress.  My Girl has now given me the complete list of quilts to be given to the grad school friends for graduation and an expected graduation date for each. That will set the order for for which quilts go out next.   

6. Planned New Starts




The Meadow Mist Designs 2026 mystery, Marigold, kicked off back in July.  The block clues started in August. This is my 12th Meadow Mist mystery, it's one of the few new projects I've allowed myself over the last few years.   

Looking at the progress for third quarter, I've been pretty successful at moving UFOs from sets of blocks to finished quilt tops. Less successful on moving projects to being quilted. Things to consider when I decide what's the plan for 4th quarter and next year. Even though my strategy for 3rd quarter wasn't fully implemented, there was still really good progress.  I've done better this year than last, so I'm feeling pretty positive about how 2026 has gone in the sewing room. Now to figure out what's the strategy for 4th quarter.  

1 comment:

  1. Isn't it surprising to see the concrete evidence of so much progress? You have some quilts this year that are complicated or have lots of pieces, and the progress is still very good on those. Great job so far in 2026!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. I appreciate your feedback and ideas. I try dilgently to reply to all comments (It may take me a few days, but I eventually get there). If you are a no reply blogger, I can't reply back. Please check that your settings are set to show your email. Thanks for stopping by!