Five of the seven rows are stitched and four rows are sewn together. I'll finish the last two rows, sew those together and add the 3 row piece to the 4 row piece. I'm pretty happy with how it's coming together.
I still need to figure out what I'm doing for the borders. I have 20 border blocks that were made before the project was put away.
Bonnie used these all around the quilt as the third border. I don't want to make a bunch more. The plan is to mock up the border in EQ and see what I can do with the 20 that are made. If I have to make a few more to get something that works I will. But the plan is to try to come up something that uses what I've already got.
Linking up with Patchwork & Quilts, plus Sew & Tell Monday.


I love the colors in your Celtic Solstice. It has kind of a southwestern feel to it. The blue pops. I'm confident you'll come up with a great plan for the border.
ReplyDeleteYou are so close to having the center of Celtic Solstice complete! I hope you can find a border arrangement that uses the blocks you have on hand without requiring piecing too many more.
ReplyDeleteHooray for all that progress on Celtic Solstice! Maybe those 20 border blocks could be used in opposite corners, and connected by a solid strip the rest of the way around. I never remember what the original BH design looks like - you can make this your own!
ReplyDeleteHi Kate, I'm looking forward to seeing what you do with the pieced border. EQ is really perfect for that. Have fun!
ReplyDeleteYou are moving right along on the beautiful Celtic Solstice. I look forward to seeing what you come up with for the border. You are always so creative so I know you will come up with a fabulous idea.
ReplyDeleteBeautiful, Kate. That is going to be an amazing quilt.
ReplyDeleteWow it looks great as is - looking forward to seeing how you finish it!
ReplyDeleteCeltic Solstice looks beautiful, well done sewing these rows together. You always find a creative way to finish your quilt and I have no doubt you will find a pretty border to use these blocks. Thank you for sharing your work in progress and linking up with P&Q.
ReplyDeleteLooking just beautiful! How big is it at this point?
ReplyDelete