Pages

▼

Friday, October 2, 2026

September PHD Report

September felt like summer rather than fall this year.  It also went really fast. I'm not ready for it to be October.  We'll blink and it will be New Year's at this point.  I'm never ready for how fast the end of the year goes. 

Now that the month is over it's time to take stock and make a report on my progress for the September PHD Report sponsored by Ms. P Designs.  My September PHD report looks exactly like August's report. 




Another month with no finishes. But I made really good progress on several projects in September.  

The Butterfly embroidery project saw some progress since I was on the road the last week of the month.  I'm slowly making progress on the 9th butterfly.  Since we'll be seeing family for Thanksgiving and Christmas, this project will probably see more progress before the end of the year.  




My last Bonnie Hunter mystery project that's not been moved to finished quilt top is Celtic Solstice.  I pulled that project box at the beginning of the month.  All the blocks are made and two row of the quilt are sew together.  Just 5 more rows left to stitch.  




Squared Away (Soscrappy) came back from the long arm quilter the last day of the month. The quilt needs to be trimmed. I'm working on the label with My Girl since the quilt will be a gift for one of her college buddies. This should be finished this month. 




All the teal 3.5" blocks for Wild and Goosey (Bonnie Hunter) were finished very early in the month.  Those blocks are being sashed to make the 7.5" blocks for the quilt.  I've been working on making more purple 3.5" blocks. About 2/3 of the blocks are finished.  There are twenty something left to make.  I put all the blocks (except the ones under construction) up on the design wall.  There's been lots of progress this year, lots fewer blank spaces.  I'm excited to be getting so close to the assembly stage.  




The quilting of Glowing Hearts (Sandra Walker) has been moving along slowly.  The blocks in two of the rows have been quilted and one block in the third row has been started.  Fingers crossed this will be my second finish for October. 





All the big blocks for the 2027 Guild BOM are made.  I've finished the blocks needed for the pieced sashing, those will be November's blocks.  I have all the sashing and border strips cut, but haven't started assembly yet.  That needs to get bumped up on the priority list because the quilt top needs to be ready for the November guild meeting.  Here's what's been shown to the guild so far. 





I've fallen behind on this year's Meadow Mist Design Mystery, Marigold.  All the pieces are cut for the September blocks, but only two of them got made.  So I'll be playing catch up this month.  The October clue is already out. 




September was another productive month. No finishes, but several projects hit milestones.  There is definitely a lot more color in my chart then there was at the first of the year. 




With two quilts closed to finished, I'm hoping to see a bit more color in that top block of my chart for next month.  It's been a pretty good year.  Hopefully I can keep up the steady progress this month. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. I appreciate your feedback and ideas. I try dilgently to reply to all comments (It may take me a few days, but I eventually get there). If you are a no reply blogger, I can't reply back. Please check that your settings are set to show your email. Thanks for stopping by!