The heat dome seems to have taken up permanent residence over Oklahoma. The whole state is in drought, some places have very severe drought. It's so hot and dry that the leaves on many trees are turning brown and falling off. Some trees are almost bare now. Based on the forecast into next weekend, we will cool down into the mid to high 90's, but have triple digits forecast until next Thursday. That should mean lots of sewing time this next week too.
I definitely took refuge in my sewing room this week, it's become the theme of my summer.
- 15 minute days/week = 7/7 days
- 15 minute days/Aug = 31/31 days
- 15 minute days/2026 = 244/248 days
- Success rate = 98.39%
Not a bad year so far on the stitching front. I've gotten lots done this summer, but I suspect once the weather gets cooler, I'll be spending more time hiking and doing more things with My Guy. Now that he's retired too (at least for now) he has more time to do the fun stuff. But it's been hard to want to do much in this heat. He has plans for when it cools down.
How was your week in the sewing room?

Where do you hike? This summer has been one for the records, for sure, but Texas has endured many such summers. Between our increasing sensitivity to cold and this ridge we get stuck in every summer, we are seriously considering moving to somewhere on the edge of the ridge - lol!
ReplyDeleteIt's definitely hard to want to do stuff in this heat! We're not quite as bad as it sounds like you are, but every day is over 90 lately. That's too hot for September! Glad you're getting things done in your sewing room. I'm having one of those "a little of this and a little of that" weeks, but that's okay. It's all sewing that moves something ahead!
ReplyDelete