Pages

Tuesday, August 4, 2026

To Do List for the Week of 8/4/2026

We got a nice cool off for the weekend, but we are back to summer heat the rest of the week.  So the sewing room will continue to be my preferred afternoon hang out.  Last week was a good one on the sewing front,  finishing a quilt is always a nice accomplishment.  Even better, I didn't have to neglect the rest of my to do list to make that happen.  

To Do List for 7/28/2026

1.  2025 Guild BOM: Bind quilt ✔
2.  Glowing Hearts: Prep quilt and assemble quilt sandwich - progress
3.  2026 Guild BOM: Cut fabrics for remaining blocks 
4.  Good Fortune: Continue to assemble quilt 
5.  Wild and Goosey: Continue making teal blocks 

I didn't quit get the quilt sandwich made for Glowing Hearts, but I did well with all my other to do items. To be honest I spent a lot of my "quilting time" finishing up the binding for the 2025 Guild BOM. It was a very good use of that time.  This week will look pretty much the same but with the addition of an old UFO project to the list. 

To Do List for 08/04/2026

1.  Glowing Hearts (Sandra Walker): Finish sandwiching quilt, start quilting. 



I've picked all but the bobbin thread for the quilting part.  I need to review the sandwiching videos again before I start that process. It's been a couple of months and I haven't done it enough to have any muscle memory on that task.  

2.  2026 Guild BOM: Make September's block 



All the pieces are cut for the last two blocks.  I've already started assembly of the September block. Hopefully it will go quickly and I can get started on October's block before the end of the week.  

3. Good Fortune (Bonnie Hunter): Continue assembling quilt





Five of the seven rows are assembled, so more than half way to having that finished.  Next will come the borders, which always take longer than I think they should. 

4. Celtic Solstice (Bonnie Hunter): Work on chain blocks 





With Good Fortune moving closer to a finished quilt top, it's time to pull out the next UFO that needs the blocks finished.  Celtic Solstice is my last BH mystery that needs the blocks assembled. I pulled out the contents of the project box.  I still need to take a hard look at what pieces I need to cut.  We'll see how far I get on that this week. 

5.  Wild and Goosey (Bonnie Hunter): Continue to work on teal blocks

Only 15 more of the 3.5" teal blocks are needed to finish out this color.  I doubt those all get made this month. It really depends on how much other sewing I get done.  

It's a pretty doable list as most of what is required is just progress.  I have no external appointments this week, so hopefully that means it will be a good week for progress. 

Linking up with the Quilt Schmilt for To Do Tuesday.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. I appreciate your feedback and ideas. I try dilgently to reply to all comments (It may take me a few days, but I eventually get there). If you are a no reply blogger, I can't reply back. Please check that your settings are set to show your email. Thanks for stopping by!