The one thing about this August, it's been so hot that the only place you want to be is home. So I've been spending a lot of time in my sewing room. That shows up in my progress on last week's to do list.
To Do List for 8/18/2026
1. Glowing Hearts: Continue quilting ✔
2. Squared Away: Cut fabrics for backing - no progress
3. Good Fortune: Work on pieced border ✔
4. Marigold Mystery: Work on August blocks ✔
5. Wild and Goosey: Work on teal blocks ✔
It was a good week on the progress front. So good that Good Fortune and Marigold Mystery will drop off the to do list for this week. Marigold Mystery will be back in a couple of weeks when the next clue comes out. Good Fortune probably won't be back on the list till next year when it's turn to be quilted comes around. So this week's list is a bit shorter than it has been.
To Do List for 8/25/2026
1. Glowing Hearts (Sandra Walker): Continue quilting
One block is quilted and the second is half finished. It does go faster with the blocks on the ends of the row. It's just easier to maneuver the quilt. Hopefully my speed will pick up as I go. Otherwise this one is going to take a couple of months to quilt.
2. Squared Away (Soscrappy): Decide on backing
My plan was to use stash fabrics for the backing. This quilt is intended as a gift for one of My Girl's college buddies. She wasn't really thrilled with the options I could pull together from the stash. The quilt shop has a 5th Saturday sale this weekend, so I'm going to check out the wide fabric selection and see if there is anything that will work for it and the other quilts that are going to be gifts.
3. Celtic Solstice (Bonnie Hunter): Work on incomplete blocks
Celtic Solstice was the first Bonnie Hunter mystery I sewed along with. That was back in 2013. Now it's my last BH quilt that hasn't been finished to at least quilt top stage. I pulled out all the block components that were made and counted how many more I needed to make to finish my version. The plan is to cut the fabrics needed and get started making those subunits.
4. Wild and Goosey (Bonnie Hunter): Continue making teal blocks
First thing is to cut a few more teal triangles. I still have a decent pile, but there is very little variety in what's left. I'll search my scrap bins to see what's there that can be added. There's not that many blocks left to make, so I won't need to cut much.
That's my list for the week. It's shorter than it has been. Hopefully that means I make more progress on each project. Linking up with the Quilt Schmilt for To Do Tuesday.



No comments:
Post a Comment
Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. I appreciate your feedback and ideas. I try dilgently to reply to all comments (It may take me a few days, but I eventually get there). If you are a no reply blogger, I can't reply back. Please check that your settings are set to show your email. Thanks for stopping by!