Year three of Stitching Gail's 2021 PHD program went pretty much like the first two. I didn't manage 12 finishes, I didn't finish what I started, but at least my UFO count stayed the same.
There were three finishes this year, I only started 3 of 4 planned starts, and I made progress on 5 other projects. So it wasn't a horrible year.
So though it's not PHD worthy, I'm happy with the progress in 2021.
Cabins and Fans finally made it to the Post Office and Trudy is working her quilting magic on it.
Hopefully I'll have a finish before the end of January.
Unity, the Bonnie Hunter Sew in Place quilt along from 2020, is moving along slowly.
The top border is almost done. Since the end of the year, I've finished the last star. Unity should be a finished quilt by the end of this year. I can safely count on at least 2 finishes for 2022
The Macaron Mystery from Meadow Mist Designs is almost caught up.
The square in a square blocks are almost finished. Those should be all finished up the Thursday when the new clue comes out.
The 2021 Bonnie Hunter mystery quilt along, Rhododrendron, isn't in nearly as good of shape.
Step 1 is the only clue that's finished. There was progress on steps 2, 3 and 4 before the end of the year. I've since made some progress on steps 5 and 6, but I'm a long way from caught up.
Potions was started just before the year ended. It's a graduation present, so needs to get started so it can be finished by May.
I managed to finish the first test tube. These are going to be fiddly blocks. I'm probably going to have to put some of my other projects on the back burner to get this one finished in time. This needs to be a finish before mid year, so that brings the total to 3 probable finishes for the year. That would be at least as good as 2021.
A few more alternate blocks for Scrappy Butterflies made it to the design wall.
These blocks have been returned to the project box for now. Potions took it's place in the rotation. Hopefully I can get back to this one later in the year and make some more progress.
My embroidery project didn't progress much over this Christmas.
I was finishing reports and then got sick the first week of Christmas vacation, so I didn't have much of a chance to do any handwork while we were off visiting family this year. I won't be looking for a traveling handwork project any time soon.
The other project that I made progress on in 2021 is Chocolate Marshmallow (Quilt along from Seabreeze Quilts).
Back in August I finally decided on a setting. I don't have enough of the dark brown print to do that dark border, so I went searching for an alternative and found one that's almost an exact match to that brown print. I struggle to figure out how to set some of my finished quilt along blocks, so having the setting all worked out and the fabric in hand means this one is ready to start once I get that far in my PHD list.
There were three finishes.
Fritillaria (Bonnie Hunter's 2020 Grassy Creek Mystery Quilt along)
Wrapped Sweets (Meadow Mist Designs 2019 Morewood Mystery quilt along.
So though I didn't meet my PHD goals, there was still good progress on several projects this year. So I'm going to claim success and cross my fingers that I can do as well in 2022.