Last week it was something old and something new. This week the old was finished and I restarted an even older UFO. Is there some point where an old UFO becomes like a new project? If there is, I haven't found it yet.
Good Fortune (Bonnie Hunter), the old project, is now a finished quilt top. I'm glad the pieced border got added, it does make a nice frame for the rest of the quilt. Plus it used up all those already cut up fabric pieces and finished blocks.
This joins the "to be quilted" pile. There are 14 of those hanging in the closet. I'm not sure when this one will get quilted. There are 5 quilts that need to be quilted first as those are graduation gifts for next year. My Girl did find out intended graduation dates. May of next year is the earliest, but December of next year is the more likely date for all of them. So I have time.
There are still a few left overs from Good Fortune.
The green/neutral HSTs will probably become windmill blocks. Not sure what I'm going to do with the neutral strips. I'll have to play around with those at some point in the future. Maybe a baby quilt for donation via the guild? We'll see.
The something older is the Bonnie Hunter mystery quilt I started back in 2013, Celtic Solstice. The last time I worked on it was in February of 2014. It's aged for 12 years, it's definitely time to pull out all the pieces and move this along to finished quilt top.
The 4-patch chain blocks were the easiest to tackle first. I only needed to make 8 more for the layout I've decided on. The last 4-patch chain is almost finished. The main blocks are going to be much more involved. Lots of piecing required for the component parts. It will probably take me all month and then some to get those blocks all finished.
Linking up with Patchwork & Quilts, along with Sew & Tell Monday.



Congratulations on finishing Good Fortune, the final border frames it all in nicely. I'm glad you have time to get the 5 graduation quilts finished; what a kind gift to give to your daughter's friends! And Celtic Solstice is already looking good - the blocks are going to make a striking secondary pattern when sewn together!
ReplyDeleteI really, really like your Good Fortune. As I say every time, your ability to reinterpret the colors for each BH mystery is inspiring. Have a good week!
ReplyDeleteGood Fortune is gorgeous, Kate - I really love that pieced border! That's wonderful that you can pull out what you need for Celtic Solstice and get back to work on after so long. I have a tendency to steal from those project boxes for new projects, and then those older blocks just sit. Have fun getting back to this one!
ReplyDelete