Monday, November 20, 2017

Weekend Stitching: More 4-Patches

It was a very nice weekend. Even better because I don't have to head in to work today.  Today is date day, My Guy and I will be hanging out together and having fun.  I'll get some time to stitch this evening, he's planning on playing in the kitchen a bit then.  

The saga of the never ending 4 patches for En Provence is almost complete.  

En Provence, A Bonnie Hunter Mystery (2016)

Not the best photo, but the flimsy has gotten too long to photograph well in the sewing room.  The last eight 4 patches for the bottom border are pinned together at the sewing machine.  I will be so glad to get this last pieced border done.  Addition of a dark blue border will finish off this flimsy.  Hopefully that gets added before the new mystery starts on Friday.  

Progress has been ongoing with a few other projects as well.  Three sawtooth stars for the pieced border for the Inverted Star project are done. 


The border will need sixty something of these 4.5" x 5.5" blocks, which means I'll need about 5 to 6 blocks of each color. The pieces for these blocks have been cut as I cut the pieces for the Rainbow Scrap Challenge fan blocks.  There are already three magenta stars in the works over at the sewing machine. 

Lastly, there's been bit more progress on the current leader and ender project.  

 Vintage Dresses by Charise Randell

Fifteen of the twenty five Vintage Dress blocks have the coping strips added.  That leaves ten left over at the sewing machine.  I know this won't be a finish this year, but it's getting much closer.  

Linking up with:
Design Wall Monday
Monday Making
Main Crush Monday 

22 comments:

Home Sewn By Us said...

Hi Kate,
Oh how I love those orange sawtooth stars! They just speak to me, and I'm not usually an orange fan - I don't have much of that in my stash, that's for sure. And the vintage dresses - I see you added another strapless number. Those are my favorites as well, although that green checkered one is SO darn cute. ~smile~ Roseanne

Home Sewn By Us said...

Oops - forgot to add - have fun on your date day!! No work is always a great day. ~smile~ Roseanne

Alison V. said...

Loving all of your project progress! Have a great day!

Julie in GA said...

Those Sawtooth Stars will be a great border for your Inverted Stars quilt.
Enjoy your week off!

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Those four patches look like a long haul, but you're almost there! Sawtooth stars are my latest favorite block - I really like yours in orange. I bet you're happy to be making progress on the dresses, too! Have a fun day today, and a great Thanksgiving week!

Preeti said...

Glad you had a fabulous weekend. Love all of your projects but those dresses are my favorite!!! Hope your date is sweet and romantic.

AnnieO said...

Though the never-ending four patches may be tiring, they look great. So do the stars and sizing up of the dresses. I like having multiple projects going but know that's not for everyone! Have a wonderful day with your guy.

The Colorful Fabriholic said...

Great progress on all your projects!

BillieBee (billiemick) said...

You are going to town on your blocks. Love them all especially the dresses. Great oranges as well.

QUILTING IS BLISSFUL, DI said...

You are just marching right along there--all the projects are doing well and looking great--have a fun day with hubbs today--
enjoy the moments, di

Angie in SoCal said...

Those are the most darling dresses! Those 4 patches are what is keeping me from a finish. Love your En Provence.

Louise said...

Your En Provence really sparkles! I love the interplay between the two shades of blue in the endless 4 patches :)

Judy Hansen said...

It's fun to see your projects moving along. The dresses project looks so complicated, but beautiful. Your Bonnie Hunter mystery is so close to being finished, I'm sure you will get it done before Friday with the first clue of the next mystery coming out. I am not doing it this year, but I'm going to save the clues for later when I'm more caught up. Happy Thanksgiving, and thanks for linking with Design Wall Monday, Judy

Nann said...

Pretty soon we'll be talking about ORL instead of EP (On Ringo Lake / En Provence)! Oh, the dresses are a wonderful wardrobe! (I've been watching The Collection on Masterpiece Theatre so couture is on my mind.) And sawtooth stars are great in any "flavor." Have a good Thanksgiving.

Cathy Tomm said...

So many good projects. I love the dresses. I have that pattern and might try making one maybe more.

Unknown said...

Very Nice Collection.Thnx for sharing keep up the Good work..

Best Embroidery Design>> Brother Embroidery Machines

Barbara said...

En Provence is going to be stunning when it's all finished. Those four-patches will be a thing of the past. We're both working on "patches." I've got the nine patches going for Hocuspocusville, so i can sympathize at least a little bit.

Janice Holton said...

Your creations just speak to my creative soul. I love the designs and colors you choose. I need to steal a piece of your brain! :D

make.share.give said...

Your work is amazing. So detailed.
The bottom right corner dress would be perfect for a date with Batman :)

make.share.give said...

Your work is amazing. So detailed.
The bottom right corner dress would be perfect for a date with Batman :)

Sandra Walker said...

Your dresses and my CA women...they're twins ha! En Provence is coming so well! That's perseverance.

Jennifer said...

Great progress on all three projects!