Sunday, November 5, 2017

Stash Stuff for Week 44

It's been a slow and relaxing weekend. The Scientist in Training is home this weekend.  The Oklahoma bedlam game (OU versus OSU) was yesterday and the SIT decided to get out of Dodge to avoid the absolute madness that descends on the town during these games.  I didn't expect to get much stitching done this weekend, but the SIT decided to go watch the game on TV with a friend who was also home for the weekend.  So I got in pretty solid afternoon/evening of stitching time yesterday.  She has to head back to school right after lunch, so I'll head back to the sewing room this afternoon to keep from being too sad she had to go.  

It's slow going on En Provence, lots and lots of pinning to match those seams in the pieced borders.  I'm counting all those 4 patches used in the EP borders once I have a strip assembled and ready to attach to the quilt.  Those 4 patches are most of what's showing up in the numbers for this week.  

Used last week:  0.66 yards
Used year to date:  51.24 yards

Finding time to sew hasn't been too hard the last week, in spite of some late evenings at work.  I managed to find at least 15 minutes seven out of the last seven days.  I'm at 90.6% success rate in terms of finding time to stitch.  Considering my best leading up to this year was 73.7%, this has been a really good year.  I was hoping for more fabric usage. But I'm really happy with the number of finishes this year.  You just can't have everything.  

We had a couple of gorgeous days this week.  One afternoon was so nice, I stopped at one of the local parks to get in a much needed walk. Of course the camera had to come along.  I love the saturated colors.   









Linking up with Quiltpaintcreate for this week's stash report

14 comments:

Libby in TN said...

Beautiful photos, Kate. Our Fall has been so late that it looked like the leaves would fall before they turned. But overnight we got lots of red and gold. The red maples have been especially amazing.

Julie in GA said...

Your numbers are looking good, steadily going up.
Gorgeous photos of the fall colors. Ours have changed very suddenly around here.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful pictures. We just didn't have good fall colors here this year. It was disappointing.

The Joyful Quilter said...

AWESOME autumn foliage photos!!

QUILTING IS BLISSFUL, DI said...

wow--love that last photo--great color for fall leaves--and am glad you got a nice walk in nature in--that is always rewarding-
and glad to hear that SIT was home for a bit--it is always good for mom's and daughters to be together when they can be--
my DD and I went to JOann's yesterday--I am the craft person and quilter--but she bought more that twice what I bought and she had a good time shopping-then we went to Olive Garden and had some good food and a great waitress--but now it is back to work!!
enjoy the moments, di

Angie in SoCal said...

Very good numbers, Kate. Thanks so much for sharing your fall leaves. Here in SoCal - we don't get such displays - never cold enough.

Bonnie said...

OMG and I'm not talking goals!!! Those photos are gorgeous. And I would never have taken pics of just the leaves. Such wonderful colors and textures. Our leaves are definitely not looking as beautiful as your photos. Thanks for sharing them. Hum, do we see a quilt in these wonderful colors??

thea said...

You are an inspiration -- 90%. Amazing!

Janice Holton said...

WONDERFUL photography, Kate! My favorite for colors is the last one, but my favorite for texture and pattern is the first one. You make me want to get out with my camera more. :)

Barbara said...

Beautiful fall colors...looks like what we're seeing in Virginia right now. I had a little chuckle about the football madness. In Oregon it's UofO vs. OSU madness.

Alison V. said...

I hope you had a good weekend with your daughter! I remember those crazy football weekends when I was at Penn State -- although during the game was the best time to go to the grocery store!

Emily said...

I've been really interested in your stats of how many days you manage to sew for at least 15 minutes, and have been considering keeping the same record for myself.

Meloney said...

We don't see those color changes in Texas. It was 90 today. Thanks for sharing. I love your scrappy dresses.

Jennifer said...

Pretty fall colors! It cracks me up that your daughter left town and then want out to watch the game.