Sunday, September 24, 2017

Stash Stuff for Week 38 of 2017

The Scientist in Training has been home this weekend, which has been fun.  This weekend was our company picnic and she's always enjoyed going to that.  She got to hang out with some high school friends who were also home from college and see some of the scientists that have been mentors to her when she was in high school.  It was a nice afternoon. 

With the SIT home, there was no sewing time yesterday unless you count the time I spent in EQ working out how to assemble the sashing for the Vintage Dress blocks.  The only thing of note I did was spend some time coloring while the visiting with the SIT in the kitchen.



I don't color very often, preferring to sew instead.  But I finally finished these two pages.  It was fun to just hang for a bit.   

I've had to bring work home with me several times the last week and that really cut into my sewing time.  I did manage to find 15 minutes to stitch every day but one.  For 2017, I've managed to find at least 15 minutes to stitch 89.5% of the time.  My goal is to get this above 90% for the year.  It's going to be a struggle the next month with all the work stuff going on.  

The lack of stitching time didn't help with the stash usage this week.  

Fabric used this week:  0.33 yards
Fabric used year to date:  47.50 yards

At least being busy means that I don't have time to hit any buttons on those sale adds.  No fabric in always makes for a good week.   

We'll hang out with the SIT for a while this morning.  She's got to be back at the dorm by noon today, she has to cover an event for the school newspaper this evening, plus she needs to study this afternoon.  She gets paid for each article they publish, so it's how she's making a some spending money this semester.  I'll get in some stitching time after she leaves.  

Linking up with Quiltpaintcreate for this week's stash report.  

10 comments:

Jennifer said...

Lovely coloring - I have a book too, but like you, rarely color. Glad you've had a nice weekend with SIT!

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Sounds like a fun weekend, hanging out with your daughter! Enjoy the last bits of it, and then you can head to your sewing room. I think it's really great that she gets paid to write for the school newspaper as a freshman!

QUILTING IS BLISSFUL, DI said...

Love your coloring pages--I used to go coloring every Mon afternoon downstairs in our community room--but then life got in the way and I haven't been in a couple months--when I try to color here in the apartment--it feels weird and I always think I should be sewing or knitting or heaven forbid--cleaning!!!lol--
Glad you have had some mother and daughter time and that college is going well for her--
enjoy the moments, di

AnnieO said...

That's a fun alternative to stitching. My daughter got into coloring books a bit ago but I'm not sure she's stuck with it. Nice to have offspring around, always. We're having a crowd tonight!

Bonnie said...

Whoa! Paid for articles turned in? I wrote for the school paper but sure didn't get paid for it! On the other had it was part of the journalism classes I took. Getting 15 minutes a day to stitch moves you forward every day. Hope you can get up to 90%. (um, er, are you a statistician? Maybe an economist? Interesting way to present the info is all.)

Anonymous said...

Good luck fitting the sewing in around the work stuff. Been there, done that. I always found comfort in knowing that nothing lasts forever and I'd get back to sewing one day.

Quiltblocksandmore said...

I love how you still challenge yourself to 15 Minutes a day sewing. I can remember how that was a real motivator for me.

Susan said...

What a lovely, blessed life you have. =) Yay for using fabric! Good job on the 15 minutes a day.

Kate @ Smiles From Kate said...

Colouring in is very meditative, but there again so is sewing, but colouring takes less concentration, unless of course you are hand stitching binding. On the other hand it's nice to be a child and colour now and again and it sounds like you enjoyed it.

Sandra Walker said...

Okay I could swear I'd commented on this post, because I remember thinking about your goal and your accomplishments during the 8 days B&B were with us. On the colouring-I'd love to see that in a border print; in fact I thought it WAS!!