Wednesday, August 2, 2017

One Monthly Goal for August 2017

This is the 20th time I've participated in the One Monthly Goal. 




 
Heidi of Red Letter Quilts kicked this idea off in January of 2016.  Our current hostess, Patty of Elm Street Quilts took over in November of 2016.  I can't say that the One Monthly Goal has worked miracles on my ability to finish projects, but it has helped me realize the importance of prioritization in the sewing room.  Committing to OMG has also helped me get past some of my typical stall points.  Not having a final design and prepping a quilt to send off for quilting are my two biggies.  

So what to pick for the August OMG?   I've made good progress on the Christmas Angels and Scrappy Coffee Cups over the last couple of months.  Of those two projects, Scrappy Coffee Cups is the farthest along. 


Scrappy Coffee Cups
Block patterns from Karen F. Srebro and Janet McCarroll published in 
Block Magic and Block Magic Too by Nancy Johnson-Srebro


All the sashing is sewn on, but the bottom three rows need to be sewn together than attached to the top half.  This quilt has 4 borders planned and those always take longer than I expect.   Looking at what's on the calendar for August, getting this project to the finished flimsy stage is definitely doable.  So that's the goal for August. 

Linking up with Elm Street Quilts for the August One Monthly Goal.

6 comments:

Alison V. said...

This is going to be so neat when it is finished! And yes, borders always take longer than you think for some reason.

maggie fellow said...

woohoo - I look forward to seeing this one finished

Barbara said...

Great goal. Looking forward to this flimsy.

Patty said...

I really like this one. Thanks for linking up with Elm Street Quilts One Monthly Goal and good luck on your project.

Bonnie said...

Good luck. It is a great quilt. And, boy do I hear you on the borders taking time. That is sometimes my stalling point. Good luck. I know you can do this if life doesn't get in the way.

Kate @ Smiles From Kate said...

This is a goal well worth setting. I love where this one is going, it's a keeper.