I'm taking a few days off to spend with Drama Teen as she's on spring break this week. However, since the washer is out of commission (parts are on order) the day isn't going to be what we'd originally planned. I'm heading off to the laundromat this morning, while DT is going ice skating with friends. We were going to go prom dress shopping, but DT's friends came up with an alternate plan. So I'll get to sew this afternoon then DT and I will have a girls night out this evening. At least that was the plan when we went to bed last night.
Geometry came off the design wall last week and has been sent out for quilting. That left the big design wall completely empty. Time to pull out the fabrics for the last graduation quilt and get started.
I've gotten the first two borders on the center panel. The next set of borders will be friendship star blocks. The pieces are cut, but none of them are sewn together yet. I'm hoping this project goes together pretty quickly. This quilt is for DT's journalism teacher, so the use of the newsprint fabric was deliberate. I wasn't sure how well that was going to work, but I like the effect. The center panel was designed using My Memory Suite and printed onto fabric using the tools available in Photoshop Elements. It turned out much better than I thought it would. DT loves how it's coming together.
Progress has also been made on getting the Meadow Mist Mystery quilt into a finished flimsy. The 4 patches needed to assemble the last block are all made.
I'm hoping to get some of these made into blocks this afternoon. Slowly but surely these WIPs are moving along. That should mean some finishes later this year.
Linking up with Let's Bee Social and Needle and Thread Thursday.