Saturday, March 25, 2017

Rainbow Scrap Challenge - Really Red

It was a long week, especially since I was off so much of the week before.  I'm definitely ready for the weekend, though this weekend will be busy.  I've put off doing the taxes, but they need to get done, so that's on the agenda for part of the weekend.  Doing lots of laundry is also on tap.  They finally got the part in for the washer and it got fixed Thursday evening.  After almost 2 weeks with no washer, the dirty clothes piles are reaching epic proportions.  

I did get in some decent sewing time this week.  Though it was spent un-sewing more than anything else.  Even so, the first set of red blocks for the Starburst quilt did get stitched up.  




Very bright and bold, especially against that black background.  One red set down and three more sets of four left to make.  I'm not sure I'll get them all done this month, my focus in the sewing room is making progress on the graduation quilts.  The binding is sewn to the front of Bejeweled so it's ready for hand stitching to the back.  Geometry came back from the quilter this week. So it needs a label and binding as well.  Both of those projects are on my list of finishes for the first quarter of the 2017 Finish Along.  Bejeweled will get done, but I'm not sure there will be time to finish Geometry.  

Linking up with Soscrappy for the Rainbow Scrap Challenge on Saturday and with Quilting is More Fun Than Housework for Oh Scrap on Sunday.  

24 comments:

Quilter Kathy said...

Laundry and taxes... UGH!!

Julie in GA said...

Your first set of red blocks look great together!
Good luck completing your chores. It sounds like a busy weekend.

Ivani said...

This set of red blocks looks great.

Deb A said...

Beautiful reds..yuck on the taxes and laundry.

Angie said...

Hope the mountain of laundry is soon scaled! Love the punch of the black and red together!

Denise :) said...

Oh my, I love this block ... how fun!! Well, on the bright side, I'm glad your machine is fixed and you're not having to tote it all back and forth to the laundromat! Taxes...that's the real yuck!! Get in some good stitching today! :)

make.share.give said...

These are neat. Are you gonna put them together all the same color or mix them up?

Dar said...

I love your red star burst blocks. They will look wonderful with all the other rainbow colors, if that is how you decide to use them. Glad to hear your washing machine is back in business. It's nice to be stitching while the wash is running. Multitasking is the name of the game. Good luck on finishing your graduation quilts in a timely manner. I know you can do it!

QUILTING IS BLISSFUL, DI said...

That Starburst quilt will really be bright and pretty when it is done--I love red and black together,by the way!!!
and 2 of the gift quilts so close to being done now, must feel good!!!
I got a laundry story for you--when I went down and did my laundry in the community laundry room--I always wipe out the washers and dryers before I use them--when I opened the one door to one of the dryers and looked in--I knew I wouldn't be cleaning that one or using it--so went and got someone from the office--they discovered it was melted on gum!!!! They did wait until I was done (luckily there were other dryers that I could use) before using the super strong chemicals to clean the drum--poor housekeeper!!
back to work--
enjoy the moments, diane

Pamela Arbour said...

I am so anxious to see all of those blocks together at the end of this year! They are gorgeous

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Your reds are beautiful with the black backgrounds! Hope you find some sewing time this weekend in between chores!

Bonnie said...

Those are great blocks! I love bright reds, heck, I love all reds. I see lots of binding in your future!

claudia said...

I got my taxes done and I am tackling the laundry...and now...my washer is leaking somewhere! GRRR!!!
Those red Starburst blocks are great! That is going to be one awesome quilt!

gayle said...

Those starburst blocks are just stunning! Can't wait to see what the quilt will look like!
Good luck with the laundry! Argh!

Katie Z. said...

Ooh, you've done so well! Keep up the good work, and good luck with the laundry mountain.

Janice Holton said...

Oh, your red starburst blocks really are striking. Both things I love. RED and STRIKING! This will be a fun finish to see!

maggie fellow said...

taxes are so depressing - the red must cheer you up a bit though - striking

Kate @ Smiles From Kate said...

Oh I do like a bit of red, and the great contrast with the black. Just sitting hand stitching binding is so relaxing, just listening to a book or having a nice think, about anything in particular, but about the next quilt is perfect.

Cynthia Brunz Designs said...

Black and red always look so great together. Hope you are able to enjoy your weekend. Thanks for sharing with Oh Scrap!

Preeti said...

Such an impressive block and the choice of colors - so bold and bright makes an added impact. Are they paper pieced?

Nell's Quilts said...

I finished my taxes last week and was glad to get that off my plate. The red and black is so dramatic. A beautiful quilt in the making.

Scrapatches said...

Wonderful blocks! A quilt with this block has been on on my "to sew" list for awhile. For now, I shall enjoy seeing yours as it comes together. Thank you for sharing ... :) Pat

Alison V. said...

These turned out lovely! I just made my red blocks over the weekend -- I have been very behind doing the RSC this year!

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

Oh I love how those came together!