Saturday, March 4, 2017

Rainbow Scrap Challenge - Not Ready for Red Yet

So happy it's the weekend. Today is our down day.  My Guy organizes a three day workshop for the 5th graders in our county and set up for that starts tomorrow afternoon.  He'll be tied up with that all week.  I can't get off work to help with all 4 days, but I'll be doing demos and helping with break down on Thursday.  Life will even out for a few weeks once the workshop is over.  

We were out every evening this week, so my stitching time was pretty limited.  I did manage to finish up the last large aqua fan. 




I really like the star burst effect when the blocks are set together this way.  I still need to finish the small aqua blocks from last month.  Then I need to pull together my reds and see what I've got to work with to make this month's blocks.

Linking up with Socrappy for the Rainbow Scrap Challenge and with Quilting is More Fun than Housework for Oh Scrap.  

21 comments:

Marly said...

This certainly pops! It is a wonderful burst of colour. I think this will be amazing when all the starbursts come together.

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Love this photo of your aqua blocks, Kate! They make such a neat effect. Have a busy, but fun week!

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

I like the starburst effect too - you need a vacation !

Barbara said...

Well, this is going to be really fun. I'm going to enjoy watching it go together.

AnnieO said...

They are very energetic blocks, for sure! Congratulations on still getting that stitching time in so often.

Katie Z. said...

Way to go! I'm intruigued by the fans' final layout. This is going to be fun watching them grow?

QUILTING IS BLISSFUL, DI said...

I love your starburst--as it is really bursting with color and charm--
I keep telling myself that --next week will be quieter--but--so I am still chasing -that week--!!! and I am retired and don't drive--so why am I soo busy?????
Working on a red block today--wait until you see it--
enjoy the moments, di

The Joyful Quilter said...

Here's hoping that you fit in a bit of sewing time over the weekend!!

claudia said...

Wow! Just Wow!

Nell's Quilts said...

Love the starburst effect.

Julie in GA said...

Your fan blocks look fabulous together. I'm very curious to see your planned layout with the combination of large and small blocks.

Kate @ Smiles From Kate said...

Oh very dramatic with the dark background, love it. Still crushing over last years though!

Quiltdivajulie said...

I wasn't ready for red either - so I shared a finish that involved RSC scraps. Your blocks are gorgeous!

Cathy Tomm said...

Love Love the star burst look of your blocks!

Cynthia Brunz Designs said...

I can't wait to see how this quilt turns out. Not sure I can wait a whole year :)

Thanks for sharing with Oh Scrap!

gayle said...

I am sooooo looking forward to seeing this quilt!!

Deb A said...

So pretty all together. I too keep waiting for that 'non busy' week... I fear it won't happen till the kids are grown!

LynneP said...

Did you draw up your foundations for the scrappy fan or is there a pattern somewhere?
Love your colors!
jlpfeffer at gmail dot com

Suz J said...

I think with such a lovely block, we can let you get away with having a teal one! I must comment on your lovely blog header... just beautiful.

Candace said...

Love your starburst! Are you making more? I would love to see a group of them.

Preeti said...

This is such an impressive block, Kate. I hope you are making more of them. Looking forward to the quilt.