Saturday, January 21, 2017

Rainbow Scrap Challenge: More Purple Stuff

It's been a long week.  I was home sick one day, Drama Teen another.  My Guy seems to be the only one immune from whatever respiratory virus that's been going around.  Thankfully it wasn't the flu.  My shoulder is slowly improving, but I'm still limiting computer and sewing room time.  I'm way behind on blog reading and email responses.  

I've had to limit my sewing room time to just 15 minutes a night this week. But it's amazing what you can get done in that time frame.  The second large fan block and the first small fan block are finished. 


The big block is 7.5" square, the little one is 3.5" square.  The mini fans are a bit of a challenge, the pieces are so much smaller.  It's a good thing I've got the graduation quilts to keep me busy,  I'm really wanting to see this quilt come together so it's tempting to "work ahead" on the blocks. 

Today is shopping day.  I've lost 35 lbs since last June and it's finally to the point that the slacks I kept in the back of the closet in hopes of fitting in them again are so big that it's hard to keep them up even with a belt and a few strategically placed safety pins.  It's not been an easy process, but it's definitely been a worth while one. It's been a long while since I've actually looked forward to doing some clothes shopping. 

Linking up with the Rainbow Scrap Challenge over at Soscrappy today and with Quilting is More Fun that Housework for Oh Scrap on Sunday.   

21 comments:

Nell's Quilts said...

Congrats on the weight loss. I know it can be a long and difficult journey but the shopping should be a nice reward for all the hard work. Pretty purple fans.

Deb A said...

Congrats on the weight loss and enjoy shopping today. Your purple rays of sunshine are looking great!

newsurfiegirl said...

I can't wait to see the quilt come together either! Just keep looking after that shoulder though. Congrats on the weight loss and enjoy your clothes shopping.

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Congratulations on your weight loss! I've done that myself, and I know what a good feeling of accomplishment it is. Hope your shoulder is better this week, and you get some more sewing time. I love your purple blocks!

Julierose said...

Big congrats on your weight loss--how did you do it? (She asks after wofing down a big piece of homemade banana bread:000)LOL Loving your fan blocks--especially the mini one--so cute hugs, Julierose

QUILTING IS BLISSFUL, DI said...

Oh I wished it was me--that had to go shopping for new clothes--
I envy you--and I am so proud of you for however you did it--
and my prayer is that you will enjoy and work at keeping the 'new' you size-Happy shopping--are you going to share your new finds with us???
enjoy the moments-di

The Colorful Fabriholic said...

Big congrats on your weight loss! How did you do it? Have fun shopping and reward yourself with something pretty; you deserve it. I took off some weight in 2009-10 and have kept it off. It's so much more fun to shop for skinny clothes!

scraphappy said...

Congratulations on needing to go shopping. It sounds like you have made great progress. The fans look great. 15 minutes a day sure can add up.

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

Sorry you were sick ;-( But YAY on the clothes shopping - and wow! Congrats!!!

Beth @ Cooking Up Quilts said...

Sorry about you being sick, I hope you're all better now. Those blocks are very pretty, love the purple with the black. Congrats on your weight loss and enjoy your shopping trip!!

Cathy said...

Beautiful block, and feel better soon! xo

Edith said...

Beautiful fan blocks, very dramatic looking.

PaulaB quilts said...

Stunning fan blocks. Congrats on the weight loss!

Val's Quilting Studio said...

Ugh...sorry you and DT have been sick. :( Rest, drink water...and have fun clothes shopping!! Congrats are your awesome accomplishment!!! ENJOY!

Tine said...

Congratulations on the weight loss! That is never an easy process - and still, you are doing it!! I am glad you are treating yourself to new clothes. You deserve that with all the hard work. Hopefully your shoulder will be all better soon and you can back in the sewing room for more than 15 minutes a day!

Angie in SoCal said...

Beautiful blocks and beautiful you!

Lynne Stucke said...

Losing weight is a hard process, so congratulations for sticking to it!!!!! Hope you enjoyed your shopping trip, and that it was profitable! Are you trying to lose still more?

Love your fan blocks, and am intrigued to see what you are going to do with them. (lynnstck[at]yahoo.com)

claudia said...

Congrats on the weight loss! I've dropped 17 pounds so far, I think I started right after Thanksgiving.
I hope you and Drama Teen are all better now and back to your chipper selves. We have some kind of silly thing here, but not sure what. We have the lazies and scratchy throats. No fevers, or body aches, so it's getting blamed on the weather.
I love your fan blocks. The purples are so pretty when paired with the black. Just love it!

Katie Z. said...

I'm so sorry you were sick; been there, done that, lately! Hopefully you are feeling much better now, and way to go on the weight loss! I'm in the awkward after baby stage where I feel like a blimp and nothing fits right, so my goal is to lose another 25 pounds this year so things will fit. I need to get walking again!

Cynthia Brunz Designs said...

Great job on the weight loss. That is such a difficult process. I love these little blocks and look forward to seeing them in rainbow colors. Thanks for sharing with Oh Scrap!

Clare M said...

Your fan blocks are really beautiful and I love the colours. Great weight loss - congratulations. It's so nice to go shopping when you feel so good about yourself. Enjoy.