Sunday, November 20, 2016

Stash Report Week 47 of 2016

Our lows have finally dropped below freezing with the highs in the 50's.  It really seems cold.  My Guy is wondering if it's because we went from the 80's one day to the 50's the next. I think it's the wind, which can be pretty brisk and cutting when it blows across the Oklahoma plains.  The grass is turning brown, so My Guy is at least happy with that effect of the sudden temperature change.  

Yesterday's post described our weird week, just too much going on.  We topped off all of that by being debate/speech judges yesterday.  It wasn't hard, but boy was it a drain on the brain cells.  We were all pretty tired when we got home.  I did manage to find the motivation to spend about an hour in the sewing room, making me 7 for 7 in terms of getting into the sewing room for at least 15 minutes.  That brings my total days for the year up to 256.  

But being in the sewing room doesn't always equate to stitching.   Four nights were spent searching for fabrics for Bonnie Hunter's new mystery quilt, En Provence.   Since mystery quilts can be quite a risk,  I try to pull older fabrics from the stash that haven't found a home yet. After three nights of hauling out and putting back stacks of blues, greens, reds, yellows and browns with no successful color palettes it was getting frustrating.  Then the stack of oriental fabrics left over from an acquisition campaign for the Geisha quilt caught my eye.  Bingo. 


The dark blue and the gold were actually used in Geisha.  The lighter blue and the pink didn't make the cut.  The dark red violet isn't an oriental fabric, but the pattern blends well enough I think.  So we'll see how this set works out.  

Even though there wasn't much sewing this week, part of last Sunday's efforts were to prep a back for the Poinsettia top.  Since that project got mailed to Trudy for quilting, I can count the fabric in the backing out.  That certainly helped the stash report. 

Used last week:  5.57 yards
Used year to date:  57.75 yards
Added year to date:  69.02 yards
Net added year to date:  11.27 yards

Don't know if I can overcome the deficient by the end of the year, but I will certainly whittle it down some.  If I can break even that's still a good thing in my book.  

Linking up with Patchwork Times.  

6 comments:

Meloney said...

Love your colors. I enjoy watching the progress on your dresses.

Libby in TN said...

You've picked some winners! I like using fabrics that "speak the same language."

Vroomans' Quilts said...

Love the oriental fabrics - how pretty will this be!

QUILTING IS BLISSFUL, DI said...

I am not a fan of the 'wind' either--we are not as cold as you today--but our temps here in Fl are lower--but again--what makes it feel even colder is the wind--could not stay down on the dock at all this morning--but did get my walk in--keep warm --stay in the sewing room that should keep you warm and busy--love the selection of fabric--
love and laughter, di

Jo said...

I wish I have kept track of my usage this year. I think I would have done well.

Julie in GA said...

That's a very pretty group of fabrics for Bonnie's mystery. I need to make a final decision on my color choices.