Monday, September 26, 2016

Weekend Stitching: Blooms for a Rainy Day

We had a rainy Sunday and now it's a chilly Monday.  Getting out of bed this morning was hard.  Even more so because I got to take last Friday off.  Since sewing doesn't bother my shoulder, I did a lot of that this weekend.  Friday was spent prepping Zombies in Paris for shipping out to Trudy for quilting.  It's all pressed and packaged, ready for mailing at lunch today.  

Since the backing for the Zombie quilt is now off the big design wall there was room to move Blooms and Butterflies off the small design wall.


 Blooms and Butterflies
Bloom block by Lea Brummett, setting by Kate


By the end of the weekend all the Back Porch Bloom blocks were sashed together.  There was also room to lay out the blocks for the pieced border to determine what colors are needed to be cut.  Only two more red bordered squares are needed, but I need 4 blue squares and 12 more butterflies.  The bordered squares and butterflies are my current leaders and enders project.  There's a blue border next, then another blue dotted border before the pieced border will be added.  So I've still got some time before moving those blocks up in the assembly line.  Once I do that, then I'll need a new leaders and enders project.  Hmm, I'll have to give that some thought.

The small design wall didn't stay empty for long.  But now it's time for work, so I'll just have to share those pics for later.  

Linking up with 
Main Crush Monday
Monday Making
Patchwork Times  

14 comments:

Charlene S said...

That will be a pretty quilt.

Val's Quilting Studio said...

Love your bloom quilt!

Barbara said...

I love what you're doing with this. Very pretty.

Katie Z. said...

Your quilt is working up beautifully!

The Colorful Fabriholic said...

Looking good - so cheerful!

straythreads said...

the flowers are so cheerful and love the borders!!! beautiful!!

AnnieO said...

Lovely ! I only managed to sew for about an hour this weekend. Too damn hot

margaret said...

your blooms look great shamed to say I have done very little on mine I do love Lea`s designs and work

~Kris~ said...

Love your Bloom blocks. The setting will be so cute.

Vicki in MN said...

Your quilt is lovely, it will be a great finish!

Miaismine said...

Such a cheerful block! You know, this one would be a great one to work on during the winter! I love it and downloaded your PDF tutorial! Thank you so much for sharing!

Bonnie said...

Wonderful progress on this top. I love how bright and happy the colors are. But, oh you are a tease today -- Something new on a design wall and you are withholding the picture! I'll be back to check that out.

BillieBee (billiemick) said...

These are just so very cute! Love the border as well.

Soma @ inkTorrents.com said...

Congratulations of finishing the Zombie quilt! This one so colourful and pretty. Hope your shoulder feels better soon.

-Soma