Sunday, September 25, 2016

Stash Report - Week 39 of 2016

It's been a rough week.  My shoulder continues to be a royal pain, quite literally.  It's the home computer that seems to be the biggest trigger (I have an ergonomically designed computer station at work, hence no problems there).  The doctor suggested isolating my activities, work on the computer for a couple of days with no sewing and vice versa.  I can sew for hours with no problem (thank goodness), but I'll pay for an hour on the computer for the next day.  Since the computer at work is no problem, it has to be my set up at home, which is pretty hap hazard.  Definitely no typing sitting in the recliner with the lap desk and no working at the dining room table. Standing at the kitchen table works well (we have a high top kitchen table).  I'm trying the writing desk this morning.  So there's been lots of sewing, a bit of blog reading, but I'm not leaving a lot of comments these days.

Thankfully, I have been able to sew.  Though the doctor had me lay off all of my activities for a couple of days to let the medication work and get the inflammation down.  So it wasn't a perfect week of getting into the sewing room each day.  

Days with 15 minutes of stitching time this week:  4 out of 7 days
Days in September 16 out of 24 days
Days in 2016:  209 out of 268 days

If I can find time to sew for 15 minutes just 4 more days this year, I'll exceed my sewing days for last year.  It wasn't my worst year for finding time to stitch, but it wasn't my best either. 

Stash management was interesting this week.  I've had a run of luck the last month and have been the lucky recipient of several give aways.  Preeti of Sew Preeti Quilts celebrated her 101th post with a give away back in August.  A Connecting Threads Quilting Candy charm pack showed up this week. 



Lea Ann Brumment who blogs at Podunk Pretties was sponsoring a quilt along featuring her very fun and pretty Back Porch Bloom block.  Unfortunately her mother's fight with cancer needed addition resources and Lea canceled the rest of the quilt along, but was very generous in awarding me the rest of the prizes for being the only one who linked up in August. 



There was a lot in that package.  A charm pack of Farmhouse, a Windmere Jolly Bar, a Moda scrap bag of 2.5"strips, another set of strips from Kaufman fabrics and some fun scraps.  There was also a pattern for Eleanor Burns' Egg Money Quilts Sampler, plus a book "A Spoonful of Sugar" by Lisa Cox.  Please keep Lea's mom in your prayers.  

So here's the damage for the week:

Used last week:  1.87 yards
Used year to date: 46.94 yards
Added this week:  6.85 yards
Added year to date:  40.09 yards
Net used in 2016:  6.85 yards 

So the stash report ends the week in the black.  But I got the urge to do some stash refreshment before all my goodies starting showing up.  That's not here yet, but I best get sewing or next week's report will be in the red! 

Linking up with Patchwork Times for the weekly stash update.  

8 comments:

Charlene S said...

The Stash has to be refreshed every so often or it starts to ferment and we know what that means!

QUILTING IS BLISSFUL, DI said...

grr--I hate pain--so sure hope you can find some relief real soon and be able to use the commuter more soon too--glad you have been able to do some sewing--am thinking of you--
love and best wishes--di

The Colorful Fabriholic said...

Sorry to hear your shoulder is still bothering you, but I'm glad you can still sew. Congrats on winning such nice goodies! Stash refreshment is essential or it becomes stale, and we can't work with stale stash, can we?!

Dar said...

Hope your shoulder is feeling much better now that you are on meds and changing your computer set up at home. What a nice gift package you got too. Glad things are looking up.

Denise :) said...

I'm so sorry your shoulder is continuing to give you trouble. Ugh, no fun. Your number of sewing days for the year is pretty impressive...I'm thinking I'd be lucky to hit your non days (which is what, 59 days?) in the sewing room. I know, I know, you've got to be intentional, and I've really not been. What a nice haul from the quilt along; she was very gracious in gifting you with all the pretties! You've got six days of stitching to get some serious usage in to keep the fabric in the black! Have a great week! :)

Kevin the Quilter said...

Congrats on your win despite the circumstances. I literally feel your pain at times. My shoulders and wrists give me fits sometimes......of course, I attribute mine to the life of a flight attendant juggling cokes and peanuts!

Lori said...

If it didn't cost me money I don't put it on my stash report. My stash report is to make me think about how much $$$ I spend.

Kalicocreations said...

I am sorry you are still having trouble with your shoulder, the computer is my main problem too. It is that lap desk :) Looks like you had some fun stash enhancement without having to spend anything. That is always the best kind.
Terry