It wasn't a great week for getting things done in the sewing room. Too many other things kept me busy, though I did manage to spend at least 15 minutes in the sewing room most nights.
Days with 15 minutes of sewing time this week: 6 out of 7 days
Days in July: 15 out of 16 days
Days in 2016: 163 out of 198 days
Most of the time was spent cutting fabrics and searching the stash for fabrics to use in a new project, so there's not much outgoing this week.
Used last week: 0.73 yards
Used year to date: 35.85 yards
Purchased year to date: 25.75 yards
Net used for 2016: 10.10 yards
I'm making some ground on having a net stash reduction for 2016. The Meadow Mystery Quilt kicks off next month and that should help even more. That's the new project that prompted the stash search. The first attempt at a palette was to use up some of my blues, its by far the most plentiful color in the stash. I read somewhere that blues are hard to match. That certainly seemed to be true. So when the blues didn't yield something useful, I raided my stash of oriental prints and then my small stash of batiks. None of those fit the bill. This is what I finally ended up with.
|Fabrics for the Meadow Mystery Quilt (From A to E)|
That's it for me today. Linking up with Patchwork Times today for the weekly stash report.