Sunday, June 12, 2016

Stash Management - Week 24 of 2016

It's been a long week, though parts of it were really good.  Drama Teen got home Monday after her week long trip to Florida.  But she's back out the door for 4 days this morning.  She's headed to a journalism workshop in Kansas for the week.  Which is one reason we bit the bullet and headed to the AT&T store yesterday.  DT's phone is 4 years old, won't update anymore, and gave her problems when she was in Florida.  My Guy and I didn't have smart phones, ours were 10 year old slide phones that won't hold a charge anymore.  Yes it was time.  But my advice is not to do three at one time, it took 2 hours.  DT and I also did some dress shoe shopping.  Her trip to DC requires "professional" attire for most of the events.  Tennis shoes won't cut it and since they'll be walking a lot, she needed something with a low heel.  

By the time we got home yesterday, there was really no time to stitch.  I got in a few minutes after dinner.  Thankfully, I finished piecing the back for Allietare earlier in the week or I'd not have anything going out this week. 

Used last week:  4.52 yards
Used year to date:  33.01 yards
Purchased year to date:  25.75 yards
Net used for 2016:  4.91 yards 

It's not been a stellar week for spending time in the sewing room.  I missed a couple of days, mainly due to other stuff going on.  

Days with 15 minutes of stitching time this week:  5 out of 7 days
Days in June:  9 out of 11 days
Days this year:  136 out of 163 days

It wasn't a bad week at all.  As much as I'd like to sew every day, there are times when it's just not possible.  There are other things that can take priority.  My Guy wanted to make another attempt at wildflower photography under clear and sunny skies to make up for our rain shortened expedition last week.  It made for a nice early morning walk yesterday.



Black Eyed Susan's


Showy Purple Cone Flower

Have a great week.  I'm off to get some breakfast and then tackle the laundry.  Linking up with Patchwork Times for the weekly stash report.  

8 comments:

Charlene S said...

Sometimes you just have to update! Lovely photos.

Anonymous said...

Spending time with DT is maore important thatn sewing. Before you know it she'll be moved out and living her own life. You must walk some pretty places.

Dar said...

I'd say you had good reasons for not being in the sewing room much. Much more fun to go on a wildflower walk with DH and spend time with your daughter. Those are the important things in life. Your numbers for stash are still good. We are about even on usage for this year. lol

Cut&Alter said...

I too have not been sewing much this week but have been outside enjoying the weather and all that nature has to offer - it really is so beneficial and sometimes I have to remember to do it. Love the shot of the purple cone flower.

Kate @ Smiles From Kate said...

Lovely photography, I so enjoyed your Guy's pictures. It sounds like you are doing well for the year, but it can be so annoying when life get's in the way of sewing :)

Katie Z. said...

Where in Kansas? Anyway, I hope you get a bit more stitching this week.

Janice Holton said...

Life keeps us busy sometimes, and that is ok, especially if it's doing family stuff. Since I'm a photography fan, I really enjoyed your pictures.

Joy D. said...

I'm sure you spent more than 15 mins on other days, and balanced it out. Congrats on gettjng the back ready for Allietare. Bonnie will be here in a couple of weeks, but mine won't be done. Love your photos, and hope you had good luck finding shoes.