Friday, June 24, 2016

June One Monthly Goal: End of the Month Update

Hard to believe that there is less than one week left in June.  The first half of 2016 seems to have just flown.  It's already time to report the progress on June's One Monthly Goal over at Red Letter Quilts.    



I tend to procrastinate on getting a quilt ready to be shipped out for quilting.  It's the dread of trying to get all the loose threads removed and dealing with any stray and/or fraying seams on the back.  All of this while trying to keep the parts of the quilt that have been gone over clean.  This month's goal was to get Allietare shipped to Trudy for quilting.  That meant cleaning up and pressing the finished flimsy and getting a back made.  I didn't think to take any pictures during the prepping process, but I got the important one.  




The quilt top and the associated striped backing are all pressed folded and put in secondary containment before shipping.  You can just see the Warm and White batting showing underneath the packing material. The box was delivered to the post office a couple of weeks ago.  Trudy emailed me on Tuesday to say the quilting was done.  So Allietare should be back and ready for binding before the end of June.  

The One Monthly Goal has been a great motivator for me.  I'm six for six with my one monthly goals.  This monthly link up forces me to pick one project to make progress on.  Typically there are at least 4 projects actively in progress at the sewing machine.  Picking one goal a month helps me focus on moving just one of those projects to the next step.  

Check out all the other monthly success stories over at Red Letter Quilts

9 comments:

The Colorful Fabriholic said...

Congrats on achieving your OMG!

Cut&Alter said...

How exciting that the quilting is already done ...... really looking forward to seeing it. Congrats on your OMG.

Barbara said...

Well, I can't wait to see the finished quilting on Allietare Good for you getting all your goals accomplished so far.

Vroomans' Quilts said...

How exciting to have this one to the binding stage - cant wait to see it quilted.

Kate @ Smiles From Kate said...

Yay! Well done on hitting your goal. It's a lovely quilt, I'm looking forward to seeing it finished.
Smiles
Kate

Cheryl said...

Very exciting, I can't wait for the full reveal!

KaHolly said...

Good job! Cleaning up those threads on the back takes me forever! It's my least favorite job of all! Cant wait to see it completed! XO

Heidi said...

6 for 6! woo-hoo! This is going to be an exciting reveal!

Val's Quilting Studio said...

Great work Kate! I got side tracked by little projects inbetween...but never the less put a huge dent in my goal...I 'll post tomorrow:)