Monday, May 16, 2016

Weekend Stitching: Ready for Borders

Drama Teen and I had a very nice weekend.  Since the Pentatonix concert kept us from visiting my Mom last weekend, we went this weekend.  We shopped till we dropped, plus had fun visiting with my Mom, my sister and my niece.  We tried Pho for the first time, and managed to fit in a visit to Krispy Kreme and IHop.  Two of DT's most favorite places to eat.  My Guy stayed home to ensure the attic was indeed squirrel free. He was very glad to see us pull into the driveway late yesterday morning.  So far so good on being squirrel free.  

Not a lot of stitching this weekend, but I did get in enough stitching time to get the two halves of Allietare sewn together, the corners added and corners of the setting triangles trimmed up.  It's now ready for borders. 


  Allietare,  Bonnie Hunter's 2015 Mystery Quilt

 I've got the first set of border strips cut, they just need to sewn together and fit to the quilt.  I'm hoping to have this to the finished flimsy stage by the end of next weekend.  It would be nice to get this Bonnie Hunter mystery finished before the next one starts in November.  

Linking up with:

Monday Making
Main Crush Monday
Monday Design Wall  

19 comments:

Alison V. said...

This looks awesome! I think I like this color combination better than the original!

Sue H said...

Wow, stunning!

Libby in TN said...

You got me at Krispy Kreme -- a southern staple. The grammar school used to sell those to raise money for the 8th grade picnic. Seems like they were $.50/box. Not sure a single is $.50 any more! Great progress on your quilt.

Rebecca Grace said...

Your Allitare quilt is just breathtaking!! It's going to be gorgeous when it's all finished! I love that you call your daughter the Drama Teen, by the way. :-)

Nann said...

What a great colorway for Allietare!

Teresa said...

this is one BH mystery that looks great in controlled colors and yours are great, may have to do it again less scrapy more controlled

The Joyful Quilter said...

AWESOME in limited fabric selection!!

Quilter Kathy said...

You saw Pentatonix?? How was the concert?? I love them!
Your mystery quilt looks fabulous! I wish I would get back to working on mine!

Barbara said...

It's just beautiful, Kate. Can't wait to see what border treatment you give it.

Yvonne said...

Looks great! My Alletaire is still in "kit" form - I need to put the blocks together. Love your colours.

Churn Dash said...

I'm sure you will get it finished before the next mystery. I love how it is coming together. Will you do the wavy border?
Helen

Vic in NH said...

Wonderful top and it looks so even and true due to your good piecing skills!

Denise :) said...

I was thinking the same thing as Vic ... how nicely your quilt top hangs! I think you've got a good shot of finishing this one up before November, my friend! :)

Chantal said...

My GOSH! It is beautiful! I didn't recognize Allietare in blue. I love it. Good luck with your goal. ;^)

Kate said...

Your Allietare looks amazing! And a far better track record on Boonie's mysteries than me...now where is that Celtic Sunrise?

Dar said...

Your choice of color for this mystery is better than the original. It's beautiful and I love it! I'm with Kate, my track record for Bonnie's mysteries is not so good. Still have Celtic Solstice languishing around someplace. But I did finish Easy St. this year.

QuilterinMotion said...

Your mystery quilt is gorgeous! It's like the colors reverberate. I love it; especially in red, white and blue. Great job, Kate!

Cut&Alter said...

This top is just stunning!!

Laura said...

I love your version of Allietare!