Saturday, May 28, 2016

Rainbow Scrap Challenge - Starting Green

This week seemed to go on forever.  My Guy woke up Wednesday thinking it was Saturday.  In part it's been that Drama Teen is home since school is out. Plus with the holiday weekend a lot of people took off the last part of the week, so it was almost like a ghost town, especially on Friday.  I had meetings that couldn't be moved, so no early holiday for me.  

I've had time to stitch most evenings this week so you'd think I'd have something to show for it.  Those Vintage Dress blocks take a while to assemble. I tried to get one finished up last night, but we had plans.  All I have to show this week is the fabric selections for the green dresses.


Vintage Dresses by Charise Randell

The bright green on the left is working up nicely.  It's going to be a very bright dress.  I haven't started on the gingham dress yet.  I decided you really couldn't have a vintage dress quilt without at least one gingham dress.  Hopefully it will make up as pretty as the previous dresses have been. 

For those in the US, enjoy your holiday weekend.  We have no plans for the weekend.  Just going to catch up on stuff around the house and hopefully get some stitching done.  Though I'm pretty sure there will be a trip to Tulsa in there somewhere.  

Now it's time for a second cup of coffee and a peak at all other green scrappy blocks over at Soscrappy.  

16 comments:

Katie Z. said...

I love your fabric choices! I hope you get lots of stitching in.

Quiltdivajulie said...

Beautiful greens!!! And I hope you have a relaxing weekend. We have out of town friends stopping by and then time in our studios plus a family gathering on Monday. ALL good.

Kate said...

Ooh, I can't wait to see the gingham one! Those are some bright and cheerful greens to work with - hopefully you get plenty of sewing time this weekend!

Tu-Na Quilts said...

Very pretty dresses you've been sewing!

Alison V. said...

I am very excited to see the gingham block come together!

Terri said...

Love your dresses... Did you design the (paper pieced?) patterns? I'd like to make a couple of them. Where can I get the patterns?
Hugs

Barbara said...

Pretty fabrics. Now I'm anxious to see the blocks!

The Joyful Quilter said...

Fabric selection is part of the process. Congrats on getting that much done!!

Nell's Quilts said...

These are going to be too cute. Enjoy the weekend.

PaulaB quilts said...

Your green choices will be fun to see, and we still have a few more green days. Enjoy them!

Angie said...

Those look like great fabric choices - looking forward to seeing the green fashion show!

scraphappy said...

The gingham fabric will be perfect for your old fashioned looking dress. Hope that the long holiday weekend will bring you some time to play.

Cathy said...

You are right about the gingham for a vintage dress...I made one that I loved and wore often when I was in high school! I'll bet it takes a lot of time just to pick out the perfect fabrics for these dresses...almost like shopping for a new dress!

Julie in GA said...

Can't wait to see the green dresses, especially the gingham one!

Sheila said...

So many pieces. Beautiful green prints. Love these blocks!

Rachel said...

Very pretty! I really like all the dresses you've made. Looking forward to seeing the green ones!