Friday, March 25, 2016

Stitching Interruptus (Otherwise Known as Spring Break)

It's been over a week since my last blog post, mainly because I've not had anything stitchy to report on. I still don't have anything stitchy to write about because last week was spring break.  Drama Teen, her BFF and I were off


beach bumming in Galveston, TX, though the photo is actually of Surfside beach.  Surfside is actually better for swimming than the Galveston beaches.  When we lived in Texas, our house was about 20 minutes from this beach.  

We rented a historic bungalow a few blocks from the Seawall in Galveston.


It was a great little place on quiet street, but close enough that we could walk to some of the best restaurants in Galveston.  If you've never eaten at Guido's, you've definitely missed some of the best seafood to be found on the Gulf Coast.  

There were amusement parks to visit, 

Rides at the Pleasure Pier on Galveston Island
  
ferries to ride, 

Ferry between Galveston Island and the Bolivar Peninsula.

museums to visit, 

Butterfly Garden at the Houston Museum of Natural History

And of course time for a coffee break with a good book.  


It was a very enjoyable week away from it all.  We got back on Sunday and I promptly boarded a plane and headed back to Houston, TX on a business trip.  So now that I'm scheduled to be  home for awhile, stitching and posting should get back to a more normal pace.  We are off work for Good Friday.  My plan is to spend some time in the sewing room, I'm in desperate need of an attitude adjustment and some significant stitching time should do the trick.  I should get going on that if I plan to have anything to post for the Rainbow Scrap Challenge tomorrow.  Have a very happy Easter.  If you don't celebrate Easter, have a wonderful weekend.  

1 comment:

Charlene S said...

Looks like you had fun! When I need an attitude adjustment, I too go into my studio and piece. It relaxes me while my inner self figures out how to handle whatever life has sent my way.