March has really roared in like a lion. I'm not talking about the weather at the moment. One of two business trips is done, though I'm still writing up the report. Last week was Energy Days. That's a science program for the local 5th graders. Volunteers did demos for 900 kids over the course of 3 days. As the organizer's spouse, I'm part of the set and take down crew. I'm also the fill in for any slots where My Guy can't get volunteers. I was ready for an energy transplant once we got all the demos packed and unloaded at the storage facility Thursday afternoon. There's still one business trip on the horizon, hopefully I can get the report done for the last one before I have to head out for this one.
I've been catching what time I can in the sewing room working on my one monthly goal for March. The plan is to finish off the McCall's Mystery quilt. The label is made, the binding is made and finally on Friday night the binding got stitched to the front of the quilt. Now I'm working on slow stitching the binding to the back.
I count the fabric used in the binding as out once it's attached to the quilt. That's good because that's about all I have to report as outgoing this week.
Used last week: 0.65 yards
Used in March: 0.65 yards
Used year to date: 16.77 yards
Purchased year to date: 0 yards
Net used for 2016: 16.77 yards
This year I've been trying to get into the sewing room for at least 15 minutes every day. I did really well in January, fell off the wagon in February, but did pretty well at getting back on the stitching bandwagon this month.
This week: 7 out of 7 days with 15 minutes of stitching
This month: 9 out of 12 days
This year: 61 out of 72 days
Hopefully I can keep up the momentum now that I've got it back.
That's it for me this weekend. You can find more slow stitching over at Kathy's Quilts and more stash management over at Patchwork Times.