My days certainly seemed short this week. I did spend some time in the sewing room working towards finishing up Grand Illusion. I did something I've never done before, I sewed the binding to the wrong side of the quilt and didn't catch that until I had finished. So that was 339 inches of stitching that had to be ripped out. After 2 nights with the seam ripper, it's finally sewn on the front correctly and I can start hand stitching it to the back.
My three evening diversion with Grand Illusion kept me from finishing up the black Twinkle Stars. Only one more made it to the design wall.
|Twinkle Stars, Tutorial by Andrea Feldbush of Soscrappy|
Since it's a long weekend, I'm hoping to get the last two black stars finished up and make a start on the orange ones. At the moment, I'm going for a second cup of coffee and then taking a peak at all scrappy orangeness posted over at Soscrappy.