It's definitely summer in Oklahoma, heat indexes have been hovering around 110 F since Thursday. You don't want to do anything outside, it's too hot. You'd think that would promote a lot of stitching, but I had a business trip this week, so getting into the sewing room wasn't an option. Plus I had to clean up my mess after selecting the fabric for the Midnight Mystery quilt.
I didn't really have any thought as to color scheme when I started selecting fabrics, so pretty much anything got pulled out of the stash closet. I played with combinations of red, white and blue 1930s prints, yellow and red fabrics, plus orange and teal. The red and black tulip fabric finally became the front runner focus fabric and I ended up with red, black and gray as the color scheme.
After putting away all that fabric, I did get a little sewing done before my trip. The second borders got put on Grand Illusion which really helped with the stash numbers this week.
Used last week: 0.42 yards
Used in July: 1.04 yards
Used year to date: 17.39 yards
Purchased year to date: 10.25 yards
Net used: 7.14 yards
Looking back at last July, I've used more yardage this year than last. So that's good. I've definitely bought less fabric this year. My only goal this year was to buy less than I used, so far I'm on track with that.
For more stories of the stash, check out the links over at Patchwork Times.