Saturday, July 18, 2015

Rainbow Scrap Challenge - As Far as the Fabric

Happy Saturday!  Last week was my first full week at work after a 2 week vacation, I was more than ready for Saturday to get here.  That first full week back after vacation always seems to drag.  Even My Guy was ready for the weekend.  It doesn't usually bother him as much as it does me.  Probably because he doesn't deal with the accrued laundry.  But to be fair he did have to deal with the overgrown lawn last week.  It wasn't pretty.  Now with both of us having tamed our respective areas of household support, we are looking forward to the weekend.  

I did make it back to the sewing room this week.  Though two of the evenings were spent cleaning up the fabric/supply closet.  It had gotten so bad in there that I couldn't get to anything, much less actually find anything.  So there wasn't a lot of stitching going on. There are still 3 teal Twinkle Stars to finish up before I start the red ones for this month.  But I did get as far as selecting the red fabrics last night.  





















I don't have a lot of red scraps, but there was enough to make 6 red blocks for this month's Rainbow Scrap Challenge.  Hopefully there will be enough time for me to get at least one of the red blocks made before the last Saturday in July (Which is next weekend!  Where did July go?). There's a business trip on my calendar for next week that will eat up a lot of the week, so there won't  be much time for stitching. 

That's it for me this week.  I'm going to start a load of laundry, then start my second cup of coffee and check out what's going on over at Soscrappy.

15 comments:

Mari said...

Great-looking fabrics! And I hear you on life getting in the way of sewing. Isn't that always the way?

The Joyful Quilter said...

Good luck finding some time to sew!!

gayle said...

With such pretty fabrics, I can't wait to see your twinklies!

scraphappy said...

Oh dear, I'm not ready for July to be over. Looks like you have made excellent progress though. Hope the post vacation slump is done and you can get back to your normal routine.

Katie Z. said...

Way to go!

We have 32 days until school starts, and I will confess I am looking forward to three in school. It's madness around here right now!

Julie in GA said...

Great looking fabrics for your red stars. I hope you find time to sew this week.

Dasha said...

Sounds scary when you say that July is nearly over! Seems like only yesterday that it was 30th June and half way through the year.

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

Ugh - Laundry... glad you had some time to bask in the fabrics!!

Larri said...

I like your red fabrics. Are some of them orangey-red, or is that my computer screen? Either way, they are a lovely selection.

Laundry...I'm off the hook this weekend b/c I've coated some of our hardwood floors with polyurethane. The fumes adhere to the clothes if I turn on the gas dryer. It will be quite a pile in another day. Oh, well. More time to sort fabrics as I organize my sewing room. Getting ready for school to start so I can get back to sewing!

Shay said...

Love the red fabrics you've pulled from your stash Kate.

Im vainly looking for something to wear this morning because the eashing didnt get done over the weekend ....

Deb A said...

I too need to spend quality time picking up and putting away before I can sew anything this week. I am counting down the days until school starts.... =)

Sheila said...

Beautiful prints!

Magpie Sue said...

I hope you do get to do some sewing this week. Your stars are always so fun to see!

Cathy said...

Hopefully you can find sewing time! Nothing like sewing therapy to relieve stress.... And sleep and clean laundry are so overrated! (Wink)

Cathy said...

I hate going back to work after a vacation..... Good luck on the Twinklers.