Monday, June 8, 2015

Design Wall Monday - Nearing the End

It's going to be another manic week.  Thankfully there was a chance on Sunday to reinforce my sanity by spending some time in the sewing room.  Bonnie Hunter's Grand Illusion is the current focus project.  I finished off almost all the sashing pieces, just a few more to stitch.  


Grand Illusion, A Bonnie Hunter Mystery

The pieces for the remaining three blocks are up on the other design wall.  I should be able to get those last three blocks finished this week (assuming I can find some time to stitch).  I've been considering possible border ideas.  Nothing firm yet, but hopefully I'll have that nailed down by the time I finish the blocks. 

I'm linking up with Patchwork Times for Design Wall Monday.  Hopefully I'll have some time after work to check out what's up on all those design walls.  

4 comments:

Julie in GA said...

Your Grand Illusion is looking great! That is going to be a beautiful quilt.

Denise :) said...

Oh wow -- this is gorgeous! I can't wait to see the final finished piece!! :)

Val's Quilting Studio said...

Those little blocks would add to my craziness...LOL!!! But wow...it looks fantastic kate. Hang in there this week!!

Larri said...

There's so much to take in with this quilt.
Interesting pattern that somehow reminds me of Monet's flowers.
Great job!